• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The '79 244.

DeBastaard

Took some decent shots of the car on the driveway after washing her. I'll definatly have to do a proper shoot once :)

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

Yes I Know, it's not lowered.

Yeah it's going to be stock, except for another motor. This one has 300.000km on it, and the carburettor isn't what it's supposed to be. Running 7km on 1liter of fuel at the moment, plus the engine is knocking like mad hehe.

I've got a B230E in the garage though, waiting to be swapped in...

Are those lights on your front fenders stock??? I've never seen those before... Fill us in!

those are the e-codes before '81, and only a few countries got them.
they had them on production for only couple of years (i think '79 was the 1st year they came out like that)
btw da bastaard, i would like to steal them!

Are those lights on your front fenders stock??? I've never seen those before... Fill us in!

those are the e-codes before '81, and only a few countries got them.
they had them on production for only couple of years (i think '79 was the 1st year they came out like that)
btw da bastaard, i would like to steal them!

The lights on the fenders, ya know, the strange looking amber colored ones... not the headlights. :pat: it's okay.

Now that is a cool car. And I'm glad to see that the old ones are still goin'! I haven't seen that color in a looong time. My family's second Volvo (an '80 244dl bought new when I was in kindergarten) was that color.

Thanks for all the kind replies guys ;)

The car was bought in '79 by an older guy, who drove it for almost 300.000km's. Then it was sold and exported from Belgium to The Netherlands, the guy I bought it from only drove it for a couple of thousand KM's, then I bought it.

The carb isnt running to great, I need to leave the choke on to keep the car going, bah.

The paint is still the original layer, but slightly starting to "fade"... I Should probably wax her with some cleaner or something.

There's almost no rust on the car, I've recently noticed a very very tiny spot of surface rust on the right sill and i've orderd some anti-rust stuff to fix it. Then it's got a nasty spot of rust on the driver door, right lower corner :( Still not t?? bad!

Last spot I noticed, was in the trunk while I was searching for a spot to mount the fuel pump. Pretty fubar spot there which will need some fixing.

The interior is mint, except for the drivers seat which is totally worn after 300.000km's. I'm not sure if I should get another original 244 seat, or put in some cream leather 850 seats??

Can't wait for the B230E to go in.. with AW70 instead of the manual 4 gear :)

About those lights on the fenders... they are original I guess???

The engine is a B19A yeah, and I have no clue what you can pull with it.... it pulls like ****!?

Last edited:
Should I get chrome mirrors or not? My currently black ones are worn, and they are leaving some marks on the paint of the car when it's raining :( :(

Haha, I Know.

I'm seriously considering to get this car valuated by an insurance company, and insure it all risk? instead of the oldtimer insurance i have now. I bought the car for a ridiciously low amount of money, and since it's in such a good condition... I reckon that it is at least worth 2x or more the amount that I payed for it.

In case anybody crashes into it, at least i'll get a decent amount of money back for it..

Last edited:
Back