• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

UK Volvo Marque Day - Gaydon

1stRaven

Needs motivation....
Today with the Volvo Marque day at Gaydon in the UK. (names are from the UK VOC forum if you dont know them)

Pedro and Miss D Arrive
IMAG0669.JPG

IMAG0670.JPG

IMAG0671.JPG

Pedro's 'Clean' Car.
IMAG0672.JPG

4 door limo arrives.
IMAG0676.JPG

Griz and Suterman inspecting the out of limits area
IMAG0677.JPG

A lot of cars turned up.
IMAG0678.JPG

IMAG0679.JPG

Even the rescue services were there
IMAG0680.JPG

IMAG0681.JPG

Someone tried to recreate the famous dirty blue volvo scene
IMAG0682.JPG

Very clean engine bays
IMAG0683.JPG

IMAG0684.JPG

IMAG0690.JPG

Cool number plate
IMAG0686.JPG

Very clean cars
IMAG0687.JPG

IMAG0688.JPG

IMAG0691.JPG

IMAG0692.JPG

At the location is a rare car museum

IMAG0693.JPG

IMAG0694.JPG

IMAG0695.JPG

IMAG0700.JPG

IMAG0704.JPG

IMAG0705.JPG

IMAG0708.JPG

IMAG0709.JPG

IMAG0710.JPG

IMAG0711.JPG

IMAG0712.JPG

IMAG0713.JPG

IMAG0714.JPG

IMAG0715.JPG

IMAG0716.JPG

IMAG0717.JPG

IMAG0721.JPG

IMAG0722.JPG

IMAG0723.JPG

Very pimp Amasons
IMAG0724.JPG

IMAG0725.JPG

IMAG0726.JPG

IMAG0727.JPG

IMAG0728.JPG

IMAG0729.JPG

IMAG0730.JPG

IMAG0731.JPG

IMAG0732.JPG

Does anybody know the person who owns that white wagon with the so-cal license plate ring? They look like they might appreciate one of the extra So-Cal Speedshop sticker I have sitting around.

It was an excellent day, must have been well over a thousand cars there, I had no idea there were so many amazons and 1800's still around.

There were many really nice examples of all kinds.

Centainly my favourite 240 was this one. a 1989 GLT, we spoke to the owner, he told us it had a had a full respray, new rear clusters new door strips, tints, r sport sluster, gauges-a-plenty, flathood gt grill, reconned galaxies and a ****load of other stuff totalling over ?2000 (but it must have been more like 3)

He uses it everyday.

Looks like a good turn out, I was gonna bring the 242 but didn't get up early enough and I don't have matching wheels at the moment.

See you all soon at either the pod or shakey at the end of the month.
Laters
Nick

Does anybody know the person who owns that white wagon with the so-cal license plate ring? They look like they might appreciate one of the extra So-Cal Speedshop sticker I have sitting around.

He's on the uk Voc. I'll ask him.

Some fags were definitely smoked at Gaydon, although not by me personally. :rofl:

I got driven around the shared Jag / Land Rover / Aston Martin test track at high speed in a C30 T5. It's quite impressive for a 'safe' handling FWD girly-car.

Anthug...dude...you totally need to come and say hello...that must be the second event where we've missed you. Look out for a big group of people who aren't nearly retired :rofl:

cheers

James

Some fags were definitely smoked at Gaydon, although not by me personally. :rofl:

I got driven around the shared Jag / Land Rover / Aston Martin test track at high speed in a C30 T5. It's quite impressive for a 'safe' handling FWD girly-car.

Anthug...dude...you totally need to come and say hello...that must be the second event where we've missed you. Look out for a big group of people who aren't nearly retired :rofl:

cheers

James

yea lol, think I will have to look at some pics of who is who, thoroughly then I'll be ok, I was the smallest person of the younger ones who arrived in the gl

It was an excellent day, must have been well over a thousand cars there, I had no idea there were so many amazons and 1800's still around.

i saw only one 1800 in the pics....white...looked like an S. i was beginning to think that people in the UK only liked 120's!:-P

great pics, tho. looks like it was fun, especially the rare car museum.

have fun,

It was a day especially for the Amazons, since it's the 50th anniversary (of something to do with them...release in Europe?). There were probably 10 1800s there in total.

cheers

James

Now look....I was going to say exactly what Steve did....but decided not to....and now you post that! Bastard...

cheers

James

Back