• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Big Change of Heart... ohh the pain!

wisturbo

Jackstand lifestyle
Well a lot of you on the board are familiar with my 82 242TI that I purchased form the original owner in San Fran. There have been many of phases which I though would be good for the "Black Block"... I've gone through E-codes, and IPD/SAM to the hilt.... all that is left is my Unitek 531 and and other engine spoils of the trade.

Some of you have also seen my Wanted Ad where I've been searching for an early 242 NA. To sum up that search would be called a lack of patience.

Following my urge and tenacity of 2 series cars, I've bothered Doug at the most random of times with inquiry after inquiry about his 245 wagon and messing with the choice of going with what is cheap and local, ie. the 242 the neighbor lady will sell me in Nov. Now it was a 1988 Volvo 740 TI thats made me change my mind again... I've cringed at the thought of crossing over, but when you compare apples to oranges, the 740 looks like a sweeter deal with more potential! (IMO) Understandably she needs some work, but she will devastate the roads in Humboldt!

So here I give you "Dorthy the Dinosaur" 179K/AUTO/99% DENT and 100% RUST FREE!
267651_large.jpg

267652_large.jpg

267650_large.jpg

267653_large.jpg

267654_large.jpg

267655_large.jpg

Might have taken a licken on this side... the shock feels bad on this side too.
267656_large.jpg

267657_large.jpg

Lets just say the price is right and that I might finally make up my goddamn mind!

You will be back driving the 200s pretty soon. The 700s just are not built as well as the 200's. If you were going to changer you should have gone with a 900's. But to each his own. Have fun with the tinkering.

For one, I am praying you still have your 242T because it ain't worth letting go.

Secondly, that is a beautiful 7xx. Nice pick-up Joel. I know you will have fun with it. :)

pos
iirc the 740 was to replace the 240 but it failed because it is an ugly turd that looks like a k-car?
Edit: good find

For one, I am praying you still have your 242T because it ain't worth letting go.

Secondly, that is a beautiful 7xx. Nice pick-up Joel. I know you will have fun with it. :)

still got her! she's in storage in Mil.

Dangit dude, thought you were still back there. We were just up camping at Prarie Creek CG over the weekend.

Can't see the pic's (dang work proxy) but congrats on the new find!

You will be back driving the 200s pretty soon. The 700s just are not built as well as the 200's. If you were going to changer you should have gone with a 900's. But to each his own. Have fun with the tinkering.

Each brick has it's benefits. 200's are simpler and easiest to maintain. Simple can be good and bad though. IMO 700's handle better stock than 200's, wider track helps. Plus early 700's are as about as light as 200's, but they get progressively heavier as they progress to 900's. 900's have the stoutest B230's, are pretty comfy and are obviously updated, but are still super easy to maintain. I think it's dumb to knock any version of the brick, they all share the same qualities. Bricks are hardly classic designs so going back and forth over which is universally sexy is pointless. We're all quirky people that find a certain quirky brick design the best looking. Variety is the spice of life anyway, right?

Great find! I almost bought a low mile, gold 1990 744ti. Carfax came back fishy on the odo, so I passed it up. I'd love to have a manual tranny, late 240 wagon again. Having one of each (2,7,9) would be nice.

Last edited:
HAH yes Joel. Nice score my friend.

What direction are you gonna take this beast? Keep it volvo powered? Are we going to see this car here in the midwest ever?

Ill have to get around to taking pics of the 744 i picked up not too long ago. 700 bucks. M46 even. I just turned over 200k and its in great shape, apart from the 12b thats clinging to life.

Back