• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

red horns and stuff (855 T5)

Silver Bullet

So i got my car back from the trans shop and it was filthy, so i decided to wash it this morning and i also decided to paint my horns red. I remember i saw some on vs and i thought they looked cool so i decided to try it myself.
I also got some Ultra White HID style bulbs from Sylvania

BTW i can't open the hood, the hood release doesn't work well. It only releases the left side... i think the people from the shop messed it up, how do i fix this?
dscn3149ig2.jpg

dscn3150ze4.jpg

^ i know it's crooked, i cant open the damn hood!
dscn3151ur8.jpg

^beauty and the beast.... the volvo is the beast :p
dscn3152xr3.jpg

i know i still need to plastic-x the taillights... i'm just scared it'll take the tint off
dscn3153pp0.jpg

i want a TB decal too, i'll put it on top of that one

thanks for looking!

stick an extension or somthin under the hood then try and pop the hood again. once you get it open. you problably have to adjust the hood latch by moving up just a hair. loosen the bolts and tap it up some. its kind of a trial and error thing but not hard to fix.

its not the latch, its the hook things on both sides that pop up when you pull the lever under the dash... i wish it was that easy man... my latch is broken too though
thanks for looking out

If I remember correctly, you can get at the latch from the bottom of the car. You wont able to see anything but im pretty sure you can get your hand up there and pull the cable back to release the hood latch. I'm pretty sure it was an 850 I worked on and not a 740:oops:
If that doesnt work, you'll have to go in through the footwell on the inside and really yank on that cable. Do this with a pair of pliers. If you're lucky, you may be able to see a frayed cable hanging on by just a few strands. If so, you know the cable is shot. If not, the hood latch is out of adjustment or needs to be replaced. Either way....once you get it open put some rags over the latches so you don't accidentally close the hood again.
Good luck and tell us how you make out.

i'm down there yankin on that cable but the thing doesnt pop, i'll get my brother to try and lift the hood while i pull the cable in a minute

Back