• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

FINALLY! Caution - Metallic Beige Sexiness. (sort of)

amargill19?

Barry McCockiner
Finally got dem damn tawrs mounted.

Here's my brother Bob mounting and balancing the tires/rims. His apprentice Yogi is looking on.

IMGP0666.jpg

IMGP0667.jpg

IMGP0668.jpg

Mounting, balancing, installation cost: $O :lol:

Had to remove those little pins on each corner... thought I had to cut them off, but sure enough they wrenched off lol.

IMGP0669.jpg

IMGP0670.jpg

IMGP0671-1.jpg

IMGP0672.jpg

IMGP0673.jpg

IMGP0674.jpg

Needs moar lower.

IMGP0675-1.jpg

IMGP0676-1.jpg

holy wtfbbq? Drove it like 30km... SO MUCH BRAKE DUST?!?!??!??!!!?!!!!

IMGP0677.jpg

IMGP0679.jpg

My buddy's yoda thing. We rawk the same tawrs.

IMGP0680-1.jpg

In case you've forgotten, this is what I dyno'd:

dyno.jpg

Mounting, balancing, installation cost: $O :lol:

specs: 205/50/15 on a 15" volvo alloy.

Kind of ****ty pics, the train started going by when I started taking pics and destroyed the nice view :-( And I was kind of rushed today. I suppose I could've washed the car today... lol it's been a few months.

First impressions: Less sidewall is awesome. Needs moar lower in the front. Handles MUCH better with the 205 tire. When I spin the tire, less squealing like my old goodyears and much more smoke, which was really cool.

That about it.

Last edited:
the tires and wheels look really good themselves. to me the wheels look a little small for the car, but maybe if you lowered the car it would be fixed.

nice to have a connection with a shop where you can get all that fo free

yeah, it'll be better when I get the cut diesels' and overloads in there as lowering springs.

Damn, I should've done mine black. Even though the 55's mess up the speedo and look weird at first, less sidewall is the best ever. 205/60 ftl, 205/50 ftw :[

Oh, and where'd you get those caps?

caps are from 850/s70 wheels or something... forget the part number..

less sidewall is the ****. The car is just in need of serious lowering now.

Apparently my speedo is too fast by 4km/h or something. Meh, All I know is it's shift point to get in to OD with barely any peddle pressure ASAP and it looks to be not that big of a difference.

anyone have a recommendation for a quality extremely low dust brake pad?

also, I was thinking, with my speedo off by about 4km/h that will affect my odometer eh? So for every 100km travelled on the odo it would actually be like 96?

Back