• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

intake 'n intercooler piping...

HonestJhon

Well, had this 3" maf sitting for a bit. and when i had the car on the dyno, was talking about how much the hot side pipe balooned out when it was under boost. so, made up some stuff to take care of both problems.
piping was taken care of at yimisport tuning in santa clarita, same place my car was dyno'd
heatshield i made at my grandparents house from the huge sheet of aluminum i have.

cold side pipe, done and painted
IMG_2249.jpg

throttle body collapsible multi-elbow replaced with silicone 90?
IMG_2251.jpg

cold side pipe, done installed and ready to hold boost!
IMG_2317.jpg

turbo inlet hose
IMG_2253.jpg

intake done and installed
IMG_2256.jpg

spent some time trying to figure out what to use to make the nipples for the idle air control and crankcase vent hoses...someone at the shop had a GREAT idea that he said he's used on many a front mount for subarus...
find a socket that fits the hoses, cut/grind off the section that the socket wrench goes into, and VOILA, you have yourself a nipple that is rather sturdy and welds onto the pipe nicely.
IMG_2340.jpg

so now that that was done, it was time for a heatshield...
IMG_2313.jpg

see where it fits through?
IMG_2315.jpg

done with fab work...time to add some heat barrier...
IMG_2336.jpg

thank you thermotec!

IMG_2343.jpg

sealing it up
IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

and thats it!
IMG_2353.jpg

i polished the heatshield cause i had the stuff to do it. looks alright.
tip for that trim stuff, dont do it when its cooler out. hard to conform to curves. if i had a heat gun at the time it probably would have been easier. also, 3m spray adhesive gets COLD as hell when sprayed on aluminum. was condensing on the polished side, and was REALLY cold to the touch when i was trying to put on the thermotec stuff.

all in all, wasnt hard to make. took time due to polishing and multiple trips to OSH, but it turned out pretty good i think.

dont have a real need for one right now.
car's auto. CBV on the 15g is holding pressure...not leaking.
maybe if i want my car to sound MORE wooshy...i'll get it.

thanks!

was easier than i thought it was going to be. at least the hot side pipe was. just used some old 45? bend that they had, and took two to make the cold side.
no more squishy hoses. boost response is much better. and i can hear the cbv SOOO much more now. LOL WOOSH WOOSH

dont think i have any specific pictures of the NPR install, but the only clearance issues were with the stock airbox being REALLY tight, the trans cooler lines ALMOST touching the end tank, and i had to slightly trim and move the oil cooler, and make an aluminum air dam to guide air through it. trimmed the cold side pipe about 2.5-3" and rotated it. idle air hose had to be replaced with heater hose because the stock one wouldnt reach.

when i redo the brackets (with aluminum again), i'll take some pictures of the clearances and modifications i had to do.

Back