• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 242 is back to life (short video inside)

Geoff240Ti

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUZF9wDn3n4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jUZF9wDn3n4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is the second time starting the car, so no showing off of any sort. Didn't want to rev it much since the engine is still cold.

The video doesn't really doesn't let you see/hear much, but the exhaust note is quite a bit different with the header and KG2T. Right now it's running on LH2.2, I still haven't set timing or anything on the car, it's still hunting for idle it seems (the vac leaks probably don't help).

I also made a projects thread today.. hopefully more progress will come soon!
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=1431248#post1431248

Sounds freakin' awesome, Geoff.

Edit - and how about a bit of info on that bit o' rice in your sig? That's "rice", with respect.

Sounds freakin' awesome, Geoff.

Edit - and how about a bit of info on that bit o' rice in your sig? That's "rice", with respect.

Thanks Matt!

The Lexus was something that happened after I sold the C70, it probably shouldn't of happened, but did. I was out to get a clean original SC300 (not available in Canada), but stumbled upon this modified one out of New York. It seems with Lexus cars (maybe more so then others) when you do extreme modifications, value drops big time. Anyway, I bought it for basically what a stock one goes for, with 64,000 original miles and the Boost Logic Stage2 NA-turbo kit. (I wouldn't be able to afford something like that ontop of the car itself..)

So finally I have my poor mans MK4 supra (which is what I wanted). Aside from blowing the headgasket due to my own stupidity, the car has blown away all my expectations. I usually am shaking for a few minutes after getting out of the car type feeling.

It does need some work (mainly transmission), so it's yet another project. I hope to bring the car to Calgary next year to dyno, see if I can match what the original owner claimed to dyno.
82454009.jpg

+1
EDIT: What'd he claim to dyno? :)
484 WHP @ 19 PSI on 93 octane.. That's what he claimed. Now I really can't tell on the bum dyno because the transmission really can't handle it (will bounce the rev limited until you let off in the first 3 gears). I've got some work to do, but I kinda like that. It'll feel more like mine after I'm done. :cool:

Can't wait to see it in person...
I can't wait to bring this 242 out for a meet!

Very nice.

I'm gonna have to comment on your project thread now because I'm so impressed.
Thanks! I don't know if I'd call it impressive, plain Jane aside from a couple things right now. Next year I'm hoping to throw a holset on and some good tires (then rev it realllllllly high before I launch it.. (low comp big boost)). There are only straight roads here so I only need to spool it once :-P.

Nice work Geoff! Looking forward to seeing both of these cars! Niiiiiiiice.
Was the 242 on LH when you bought it, or did you swap all that in?

Edit....I'm seeing K-jet in the project thread.....

Back