• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

offtopic fubared?

the poi

Has been
in addition to the fancy last post info:

off-topic
For all your interests other than Volvos (registered users only)
Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm

Posting on offtopic gets a "Error in Posting" message. anyone else getting this?

EvanSargent said:
I think its nice, I dont have to look at that stupid "Sticky" post about street racing.

Amen to that.
Although one thing that pisses me off is the fact that I had just posted an idea for a GTG in Bellingham, and its gone.
:grrr:

Can we get an official notice as to whether or not the posts that were lost can be recovered?
-A

adrianpike said:
Can we get an official notice as to whether or not the posts that were lost can be recovered?
-A
I'm not sure, Don't know if Dana has any idea either. My guess though would be the posts were in the other database, and when it was moved to the new server the copy of the database wasn't completely up to the moment. The posts most likely couldn't be recovered without losing all posts made since moving to this new database, meaning we lose quite a few posts eithe way. Most likely though the best bet is to stick with what we have now and see about fixing the errors on the board, which appear to be some database issues. Probably the database got jarred in moving or something.
-Andy

this is how well the admins have trained us, even we have a whole buncha things to post and perfectly good reasons to do so: we don't post them in performance and mods :-)

im still trying to figure out what they did... i'll see what i can do

Andy: i tried the resync, some of the forums give an error "Could not update forum" and the mysql database doesnt seem to be screwed (so no repair table options)

I dunno, i'll call the host tomorrow and see what they did. I hope they didnt lose all the posts for the time it took them to change over (they were supposed to notify me before moving it)

Back