• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 940 at the dragway (1/8)

Roger-Dee

is DeeWorks.ca
300+ Club
Hi everyone!

A few weeks ago I went to the drag and another member of our volvo forum in quebec was there with is camera. So last night I received those two vids from him, sorry for the low quality and the missed start, but that's all he sent me :oops: But anyway, it was dark...

This night was special for me because I converted my car to manual like 6 days before. I was "smooth" on the clutch for the whole week because I knew that friday was gonna be kinda hard. I wasn't comfortable with the getrag yet I think I was shifting too high... Didn't got any clutch issue, but some with my boost that was slow as hell to rebuild... I was cranking the mbc and never got any change in boost... Turned out to be the wastegate actuator that was not tighten enough. It was also the first time at the drag with my line lock, i'm in love with this little thing!

Volvo 940 Vs Crx Turbo:
http://www.tontuyau.com/v.asp?id=18015
I always start with 2-3 car in front of him put he's getting to me quick! At the end the guy said: And volvo at right with a 9.74...

Volvo 940 again Vs Corrado Vr6:
http://www.tontuyau.com/v.asp?id=18016
On this one I was having issue with the 3rd, it just won't enter... The funny thing is my time was like 9.80, really close to the one I've made a previous pass before against the crx. The two guys in the corrado are funny, here is a traduction:
Driver: Did you get it?
Pass.: Yeah I got it that time, But I was having a hard time following him. I tought you was catching him so I backed out but I saw he's still in front.

But I agree, he drive like an a*s. And he was on 225/35/18 or something skinny like that... No traction!

Best time of the night was 9.52 and the worst was arround 10.3. Last year best time was 9.20. Maybe I could have make it if my wastegate was ok but... who knows!

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Ps(i) ?

Mbc was set to 15 psi but the boost wasn't stable. I wanted to try it at 18 but anything on the mbc just did nothing.

good work. The French just shat.

Those are all drunk teen talking like farmers... but I know what you mean, we sound to you like french of France to us.

Sorry,in Europe used to metion "ps" the horsepower:oops:
How many hp is your car at 15psi?

I really don't know... all I have is a solid stage zero wich mean a freshly rebuilt b230ft, fred chip, td04hl-13t on ported 90+, 3"dp, mbc@15, +3* on the ezk + grooved head, always running on 94. Oh, yeah, and a getrag. If someone is good at benchracing feel free to do so. I just don't like to guess...

Last edited:
hm, what mph did you run with your best et?

my rather stock 945t with just 15psi and no rear muffler, with a cone filter ran 9.55@ 72mph. maybe you have bad wheelspin? but mph would tell us a lot more about how much power your car is really making

Back