• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel infection be GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MII

From this....
wagone.jpg

To this.....!!!!
carb.jpg

Not running yet.... soon.

So... you went from precision port fuel injection to a controlled fuel leak?

Pretty much. it boiled down to More (or equal power) less money. I've been trying to make the FI work for years. Every ford guy i've talked to have said... it isn't a daily driver, gas mileage doesn't matter... put a carb on it.

Pretty much. it boiled down to More (or equal power) less money. I've been trying to make the FI work for years. Every ford guy i've talked to have said... it isn't a daily driver, gas mileage doesn't matter... put a carb on it.

Funny, that's what a local shop did to a friend's 140. They couldn't figure out the d-jet so they threw a DGAV on it claiming it'll run better and get better mileage. Runs the same or worse, gets worse mileage.

ew craberator......i guess if you had enough with the fi then go carbed. very easy to diagnose if it breaks now.
EDIT: i just noticed that the cobra intake is on backwards. wtf?

sounds like a ford jack ass

ew craberator......i guess if you had enough with the fi then go carbed. very easy to diagnose if it breaks now.
EDIT: i just noticed that the cobra intake is on backwards. wtf?

Made the A/c Lines run easier. + it was no difference in running it backwards.

a very good tune on a carb with the right jets, air correctors, chokes, emulsions ect.. can make the same power as FI, well atleast thats with my dcoes, but i have one butterfly per cylinder and i also have 2 jest per cylinder for fuling. your single carb has to feed 8 hungery cylinders.. FI would have been a better choice for you. IMO honestly. what was trubbling you with the FI? it doesnt make much sence that some 8 sec guys belive carbs are better than efi on a v8.... precision multiport will always feed each cylinder than a single carb ever could. read about it. i have been reading about carbs every night for about a year and a half before i bought my dcoes

2fast4reality you have no ground to be telling guys with 8 second cars that they are doing it all wrong.
i didnt say 8 sec guys are doing anything wrong, i just dont belive an 8 second guy would recomend a single carb over multiport FI nevertheless carbs can be awsome when tuned right. i love the simplicity of carbs. no wiring at all. maybe som dewiring if my car had lh 2.4 i would leave it and wouldnt carb 4 sure.

Wow thats a step backwards. What couldn't you get figured out that caused you to give your car a lobotomy? This pretty much sums up my hatred of v8s. Its just stop thinking, make it bigger and call it a day. Carbs are a LOT more complex than EFI, they are just a lot easier to sneak by on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back