• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got the T5-R home in one piece... [pics]

bitjockey

FINALLY got home... 7 hours later. Its after midnight and I'm dog ass tired... but I thought I'd post a few pics of the car before I went to sleep:

25312061.jpg

on St. Simons Island, GA

25312059.jpg

same

25327839.jpg

At Maurices world-famous BBQ in Columbia, SC.

25327857.jpg

Safe at home in the garage

Ordered an IPD exhaust, sport springs, poly motor mounts and 9006 HID bulbs tonight... the train will be leaving the station shortly. Stock ECU, it feels as strong as my old car did on the 13C when it was running 14.5s.

On the SpeedTuning software, anything over 3/4 throttle in 1st gear results in gobs of tire smoke... even with the 225 18s, I can't get this bitch to hook up. Traction control helps a bit, and when the boost comes on in 2nd it starts looking for traction again. 3rd gear pulls feel easily as strong if not stronger than my old car on the 15G and V15... I saw 150mph last night on the Savannah bridge without breaking a sweat.

Gonna get Upsolute software pretty soon, I think its a little more stable and consistent than the ST chip. 19T and downpipe are next on the list, then I'm done with it.

I f/ucking love this car.

Awesome man, I think you'll be hard pressed to find cars that will keep up with chipped 850 turbos at speeds over 80-90 mph... That car looks amazing too.

YEAH, new you couldnt leave bricks alone :x: Wow that is one clean car.

What color is it exactly? Is it yellow or white? The lighting seems to hide it well, or my ctx computer monitor is fading out.

time to add it to your sig pic!

nice nice car

EDIT* Yellow! woo

awesome car, robin....what kind of rims are those?
i suppose that means that the titans (volans?) didn't come with the purchase?
glad to hear you found a car you love man....now find some traction and hit the strip !!! :woowoo:

Just as an FYI, I think Jesse put down a 2.1xx 60' time at the track the other day, so he must have one sort of traction or another up his sleeve, since I'm sure you'll be looking at improving that sooner or later :)

That's the stock creme yellow color, AFAIK... Always wanted one of those cars...

Really, a 2.1? Thats what I was cutting in the 740... averaged around a 2.125, best was a 2.08 something or other... if I can get that in this thing I'll be very suprised. Feels like it launches not nearly as hard, but hooo boy... once it hooks, hang on.

And yes, its "T-Gul" yellow. Looks creamish under some lights.

The original Titans didn't come with the car, but I've got some people wanting to trade me those wheels + cash for these. Which is fine... I'd like to keep it original. Only 185 were ever made, I don't wanna mess with a good thing too much.

That car looks frickin sweet. Good job man. I'm glad to see you've made the right choice, stayin Volvo, even if you're gonna have to flip the diff over and do some extreme steering, gas, brake, and clutch mods to make it RWD.

Hell, I'd take one.

Damn dude, I thought you were staying with the 740.

Sweet ass 850, that was the first Volvo I fell in love with (That color too!). With all that stuff your putting on it will fricken rock!

Hey,

That is a sweet car man! I recently picked up an 850 turbo as well. They haul up top! No more RWD b.s. for me. Have to meet up sometime, I am looking at getting an upsolute chip as well. Enjoy and go easy on those tires!

Later, Jon McMasters

bitjockey said:
[quote:3f302428f3="towerymt"]Arrest me yellow? :e-shrug:

:-P

Well it's better than "Officer, my car simply CAN'T go that fast!" beige.

:-D[/quote:3f302428f3]

im guilty of that one

I knew I hated you.... no but for real, even though it's wrong wheel drive that is an amazing looking car. I would love to have that sitting in the driveway.
Eamonn

Hey, dont bash the beige. I can run laps around alot of cars out here, and my car is ugly as hell. I cant wait to get it painted though.

BTW, nice 850! Thats my dream car, but I would like mine in either red or white. :wave:

Back