• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oh NOes..FWD

Bob Wennerstrom

Got my first wrong-wheel drive Volvo last week, It'll be the wife's DD. Scary stuff, moving away from RWD. I'll remain behind the wheel of the 740, M46, thank you.

'97 T5 is supposed to be 220HP but it doesn't really feel all that fast. Is there anywhere I can research a VIN to make sure someone didn't re-badge a low pressure turbo? The wheels seem correct for T5 and the car seems mostly unmolested so maybe my butt-dyno just needs calibration.

t5two.JPG

t5one.JPG

t5three.JPG

Welcome to the 740 + 850 T5 club :D

I know what you mean by quick though. Mines doesn't seem that fast even though it really is quite quick compared to more cars.

56 is t5 57 is LPT IIRC 58 is definately R and 55 I belive is N/A

56 is t5 57 is LPT IIRC 58 is definately R and 55 I belive is N/A

Hmmmm, this is a 57. Any hints on where you got your information? Things seemed to change in '97 with the t5 becoming what the turbo was in '96, and the GLT getting a Hp boost. Confusing stuff here.

nice wagon, we have a 850 t5 as well and its a great ride!

Re speed: sometimes a t5 doesnt seem fast since it is so smooth... just test ot with other cars, i hardly find ppl who can keep up with it.
check the wastegate, the "bearing" of the flapper can back out and cause low boost. remove the heat shield and you should be able to see it, there was a thread about it in maintenance a few weeks ago.

have you done stage zero yet? maybe all that stuff is old and dirty. you should seafoam it too, i did it to mine and i felt the improvement right away.

good luck!

Hmmmm, this is a 57. Any hints on where you got your information? Things seemed to change in '97 with the t5 becoming what the turbo was in '96, and the GLT getting a Hp boost. Confusing stuff here.

My Platinum Edition is a 57. I don't think it's as cut and dry as you may think.

My 94 had a major boost leak when I got it. The hose to the throttle body was split around the back of the 't' to the IAC.
Other than that check for other vacuum leaks as even small ones rob lots of power.

No reply except that is a sick picture.

I personally need a Volvo, five doors, turbo and manual transmission... Pick three.

I'm tempted to take a similar picture with my 445. 122, 245t, 745t and 850t

You seem to have my same disease so thought I'd drunkpost.

Thanks... If it's a disease I'm not looking for the cure!! :-P
Your new wagon looks just like mine did when I got it. HEICO suspension, R spoilers (front/rear), tint and Volans make a big difference!

I'd love to see a pic of all your wagons - I'm looking to get an older model. LOVE to have a 122 wagon. Been looking at the 2 door variants too - wife wants a 57 Chevy - thinking that one of those might suffice. :oogle:

Hey Bob,

Congratulations on the new car.

Great to see you here on T-Bricks, usually we run into each other on the BB.

How long have you been rollin' the 745t?

Hi Don,

Got it last spring for free, PO had overheated it. An $80 pick-n-pull head and gasket got me down the road. Bribed the local Volvo indie to drop in a M46 this summer, tinted the windows and got a set of reasonable Hydras this fall. Boost is at 13 lbs, stock everything.

I really, really, really like this car. Haven't driven the 245T 100 miles in the last year.

tint.JPG

The 245's got a new look after hitting a deer last fall too. What are the chances of finding a correct color flathood and grille in the junkyard?

flathood.JPG

Back