• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Somewhere there's a 93 850 without a bumper

schaff70

Copied from my project thread, but posted here for more feedback.

Last weekend I hit the local PNP & was lucky enough to score a 93 Volvo 850 front bumper & that weekend all body parts were 60% off, so I got it for under $20.

I always knew the 93 850 front bumper would look pretty good on the 240, but my fabrication skills suck. Today I decided to give a go at fitting it.
I pulled the old bumper off, but wasn't sure how to get the complete 850 bumper on the car, so after a careful inspection, I realized the lower half of the 850 bumper was a separate piece, so I took it off & began fitting it to the stock 240 front bumper. 3 of the holes lined up with the stock 240 front spoiler, so all I had to do was drill 3 new holes and fix it to the bumper with some stainless bolts.

Here's the initial test fit, I still need to figure out what to do with the ends and eventually paint it black (it's dark green now).

300806920.jpg

300806929.jpg

300806927.jpg

300806939.jpg

Anyway, let me know what you think, I'm headed back to the garage.
-Todd

I only had to trim that edge on each side along the top to make it sit flush with the fender.

Img_4053.jpg

Looks good! Mine started off as dark green too

So...this airdam is from the 93 only eh? maybe early 94 as well?

yeah 93 w the funky bumpers

looks like ill be nabbing something from the jy tomorrow

I only had to trim that edge on each side along the top to make it sit flush with the fender.

Img_4053.jpg

Looks good! Mine started off as dark green too

Pat, what did you use to make it so shiny? Black Magic kind of stuff, or just rough it up and paint it?

LOL! I was going to ask him if he plans on lowering it.
You want to see low?
Wait until it's done. I have a set of springs that I put on my black 245 that tucked the front wheels with 195/60/15's. :oogle:
I need to sell some stuff so I have the money to pick up the Koni red's to match the rears.
I can't take any pictures of the car further back, it's in the garage up on jackstands & probably will be for the next couple months (at this rate anyway).

Front spoiler can be found on 850's with big headlights
1993:
113Y1.jpg

1994+:
eurp_0703_20z+readers_rides+1995_volvo_850_t5_wagen.jpg

Back