• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Help me find info on this car please!!

Heh, ancient history

The car I know of is collecting dust in a NJ garage for many years now. The owner that built it was killed in a wreck and his wife took over the business. The owner ran a Volvo specialty shop in North Brunswick. I met a mechanic that worked there at Englishtown a few years ago when we ran our cars there. That's basically what he told me, IIRC.

did they share a rad? why did they have overheating problems, where was the second engine located?

and pics?

"MICHELIN ONE LAP OF AMERICA HEROES AND HORSEPOWER

95th Place
1995 Volvo 850 T10

Looks pretty much like a garden-variety Volvo 850, doesn't it? But what's this? Someone seems to have stowed a spare engine in the trunk! Operating on the widely accepted auto-motive theory that more is invariably better, Kurt Linder and Dave Udit created this twin-engined Swede by adding a second 2.3-liter DOHC 20-valve in-line five, plus transaxle, at the rear. With two T5 engines, it became, natch, a T10. With both engines cooking, this arrangement added up to a theoretical 472 horsepower. However, the double-Volvo didn't turn out to be quite the Mid-Price missile its creators had hoped for. The rear engine had cooling problems, the car exhibited a marked reluctance to be hurried around corners, and the Volvo finished five places behind the event's other twin, Warren Mosler's TwinStar Eldorado. "

some climps in this pic i think
P007649.JPG

P007651.JPG

Last edited:
another one of those "seemed like a good idea at the moment" ideas......never cared for these type of frankenstien cars...

You've all seen the twin engine Neon right? Now that thing moves, and was done right.

There was also a dual engined Hyundai Tiburon...

Don't laugh - unless you can rip off 10.9 second 1/4 mile times and do the baddest AWD burnouts EVAR!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yofZIcTkCiw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yofZIcTkCiw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Also a Polo...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkqP0smO4H4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkqP0smO4H4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
... with 2 GSXR engines. :omg:

GM built a twin engined Citation:

Archived Hot Rod Article

"Push Me, Pull Me" Twin Motor

Does this look like a Corvette? The most important thing to remember about the world of mules is that things are never what they seem. Upon first inspection, this looks like a well-preserved '85 Citation X/11 and little else. Under the hood we find a stock-looking transverse-mounted V-6 wearing a production "2.8 Multi-Point" badge on the intake plenum. Now, go around back and pop the hatch. Yikes! Another V-6! This special Citation, affectionately known at Chevrolet powertrain as Push Me, Pull Me, is powered by a pair of 200hp V-6s.

So what's the Corvette connection? For a time during the early '80s, factions within GM's upper management were certain that the V-8 would be eliminated by 1990. Gouged by this unpleasant information, the Corvette Group pondered ways to maintain the Corvette's performance level with fewer than eight contiguous cylinders. The twin-V-6 configuration was considered a viable compromise between good performance and reasonable fuel economy. Built in 1984, the X-body became the host vehicle because of its generous cargo space, which handled the bulk of the extra powerplant and allowed for easy access.

Our mystery tour guide told us that Push Me, Pull Me was initially powered by cast-iron 2.8L X/11 LB6 motors producing a mere 130 horsepower each. To remedy the situation, engineering built a pair of all-aluminum 3.1L 60-degree V-6 engine incorporating Moldex cranks, Carrillo rods, forged pistons, roller rockers, and roller cams that netted 200 hp apiece. The grunt was funneled through beefed-up TH125 three-speed automatic transaxles.

This mule can be driven on the front motor alone, thereby delivering better- than-stock performance and reasonable fuel economy. But when the need arises, the flick of a switch brings the second powerplant to life, transforming the car into a 400hp all-wheel-drive acceleration monster capable of dusting practically anything in the other lane. Imagine a GMC Syclone or Typhoon with less weight and nearly twice the power.

The existence of the LS1-powered C5 Corvette is testimony to the fact that GM management long ago reconsidered its position on V-8 powerplants. Even though Push Me, Pull Me's twin-V-6 layout never influenced a production model, a derivative of its drive-by-wire engine-management technology graces the current Corvette, and a version of its torque-split all-wheel-drive system was used on CERV III, the most recent Corvette experimental research vehicle.

And the Audi tt twin engine
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0kN_4YdhsI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0kN_4YdhsI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

two most awesome twin engine cars i can think of are the hurst hairy olds (twin 455s! badass) and TWINMILL the upscaled hotwheels cars wit the twin supercharged V8s making ~1400 combined horsepower!
0307sr_milestones02_z.jpg

it uses a custom transfer case like they use in tractor pullers

so does one engine power one wheel and one engine power the other?

or do they both go to a single transfer case that has a driveshaft back to the rear axle?

if i remember right the transmission is from both engines to a common transmission driveshaft and rear diff, heavy duty **** the transfercase was machined billet aluminum and steel and really heavy duty

Back