• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pic request...ipd springs....

Rectilinear

Longitudinally Mounted
I am looking to get a set of springs for the 242 and I would like to see how the car sits with them on before buying them and deciding they didn't lower it enough.
Interested in:
Sport Springs 240 Sedan ipd#: 6K0105
Can anyone post a pic of their ride with these springs on? Do you like them?

Thanks....

id say if you want it LOW u'll have to cut at least 1 coil off. people on here run 3 cut coils off the front springs(usually stock) sometimes lowering springs. 240s have horrible stock fender gap.

the only problem with cutting springs ALOT is that u'll need to re-set the spring onto the seat b4 the weight of the car compress' them. once the cars weight is on the springs its fine. i have 2 coils cut off out stock turbo front springs on a 745 and have had no problems.

I took, I think, one coil off my wagon's stock springs and it came out okay, but not quite low enough. I know that if you cut alot off, you tend to lose more ride quality, too. I stll want a decent ride, with a good stance.
Are turbo springs more rigid/thicker/taller than stock sedan springs?

Are turbo springs more rigid/thicker/taller than stock sedan springs?

i know for a fact that 240 turbo springs are stiffer than n/a sedan springs. as are rear wagon springs are stiffer than sedan rear springs.

check fcp groton. you can buy the turbo springs new for like $45

Back