• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

VCOA National Meet Spantanburg SC Oct. 17-19

I went to Vermont in '03 with Rob and Dana and then went to Gettysburg a few years ago, 04 or 05 maybe? Vermont was cool cause the drive was insane. We fixed Dana's car at 10pm, slept (barely), then left at 4am to arrive at noon Saturday for the show.

So will SE7 be before, during, or after VCOA?

It's a tough call - I'd like to drive the 1800 down south for this, as it should be an awesome event - but this other one is much closer for me:

http://www.swedishcarday.com/

I'm leaning towards heading north, just because it's closer. SC would be a looong drive for me...

Man that looks like fun... What is the intake manifold for, and who built it?? Kind of looks like a Greddy look-a-like from a Supra..

Must pay VCOA dues for next year. Looks for postcard reminder while trying to remember where my checkbook is....

So, anybody going to this? So far:
1-Me (entering show)
2-ikyikthe1st (entering show)
3-wellstover ??
4-yellowbrick
5-charger69o1

Last edited:
In another year I might have made an effort to make this meet. Timing was bad this year. Have a great time and show those other Euro owners how it's done!

I had a blast at the knoxville meet many many years ago

i will go if i can get a car registered/inspected by then. Unless any DC crew wants to come down here spend the night and continue south?

So, anybody going to this? So far:
1-Me (entering show)
2-ikyikthe1st (entering show)
3-wellstover ??
4-yellowbrick
5-charger69o1
I'll be there, and Ill be entering the 245 in the show. I just got an email from VCOA and the said there's 85 volvos registered for the show. This is what they sent me:
Dear Eurofest Registrant:

Are you all set for a great weekend in South Carolina? As I promised, the price of gas has dropped just in time for your drive - however, I had not wished that the Dow Jones would follow suit !

The Euro activates and weekend schedule can be found online at EURO and upon your arrival for registration at the Marriott on Friday afternoon/evening

Upon your arrival with your car on the show field Saturday morning, you will be directed into the Volvo parking area. It will be divided into six (6) Volvo classes that will be used for the general balloting of the Eurofest awards:

"CLASSICS" (PV444 through 210 and Duettes)
"BRICKS" (140 through 260 series)
"SPORTS" (all 1800)
"LIMITED" P1900/Rs/Bertones/780/Military
"MODERN RWD" (740 - 960)
"MODERN FWD/AWD" (850 through C30)

After parking your car, proceed to the VCOA tent for check-in. At the tent you will receive a goody bag and ticket for the VCOA member only raffle. If you bring your club membership card you will get a 2nd raffle ticket. Tell the person at the Volvo tent registration the miles on your Volvo and miles driven to Spartanburg. This information will be used for two of our VCOA awards.

We will have club items and tickets for the "Open Volvo" raffle available for purchase at the VCOA tent. EuroFest items will also be available at other locations.

Your car will also be judged by VCOA teams in the following categories for a special award and prize.

President's Award - Best Documented Volvo
GoldenRod Vintage - Best Innovation in the Vintage class
GoldenRod Brick - Best Innovation of a Brick
GoldenRod Sports - Best Innovation of a 1800 or 1900
GoldenRod Modern - Best Innovation of a Modern Volvo
Road Warrior - For Bravery in driving to and from SC!
Jacob Award - Oldest Volvo in attendance
Volvo by the Pound - Most pounds (weight) or foot-pounds (torque)
Sparkle Award - Best engine compartment presentation
Loose Odometer - Longest drive to Spartanburg in a Volvo
Broken Odometer - Highest Mileage (less than 2.6M) Volvo

Immediately following the Euro balloting awards and parade, we will announce the VCOA award winners and draw the raffle tickets at the club tent - don't miss it, we'll not wait to hunt down the called ticket numbers. The EuroFest awards should start about 3pm and our VCOA awards about 4pm.

We've invited Lars Eric Lundin, retired VP and Gen, Manager of Volvo's Monitoring and Concept Center to be the keynote speaker at Saturday's banquet. We hope you enjoy the weekend and take the opportunity to participate in the Euro activities, banquet, and Sunday rallye.

PS; as of 8 Oct, 85 Volvos are registered in a field of 371 cars.

If you would like to assist as a judge or tent worker, just reply to this email accordingly

Safe drive and see you all in Spartanburg (don't forget to buckle up)

John Holtzapple Gary Sievert
President, VCOA VCOA - Eurofest Event Coordinator
johnhapple@comcast.net

Last edited:
So I've been in a cave for the past 6 months... I've been working Saturdays lately and can't get get off earlyier than 1:00 or 2:00. I live about an hour's drive from the BMW plant and have always managed to miss the Eurofest car show. I don't want to completely miss this one though so I'm wondering how late the car show runs? When are the awards given out (which seems to determine the end of a car show, regardless of what the schedule says ;) )

Might be worth a drive anyway to see some of Sweden's finest at the Marriot :)

Back