• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

looking for something to do.....

papsimagoo

Delicious Boost! Nom nom
A friend and myself are very, very bored. To a point of suicide.

Any generous members in the San Francisco area, or anywhere on the west coast willing to let me and a friend crash on the couch or something?

We are up in Portland, oregon. Looking to make a road trip somewhere.

We are open to ideas, anywhere on the west coast is ideal.

For viewing pleasure, I will bring my Volvo 240 wagon included in my sig. Now there is an offer you can't refuse. Haha.

Anywho, just reply to this thread, or PM me.

Crash on a couch? Where's the sport in that? You already have a wagon and unless you're over 6ft tall you should be quite comfortable sleeping in the back w/the rear seat folded down...been there, done that @ the Jersey shore.

Last edited:
I remember camping in the back of my 83 240 wagon. good times. get a cheap foam mattress pad and a portable dvd player for entertainmemt you'll be good to go. stop at a couple state parks, make for a nice trip.

My girlfriend and I drove all the way to Alaska in our 85 245. I got two pieces of RV cushion foam for $20 and cut them out to fit around the wheel wells. Covered with a sheet and a down comforter, it was nearly as good as my bed at home. Added in a laptop and some DVD's and we were in seventh heaven. Do it guys! Way cooler than sleeping on some stranger's couch. I'll throw this out there, but if you guys are in the Seattle area like Sunday and Monday you can crash at our place and talk Volvos. I'll be gone till then (Ironically in Portland), but we've got an aerobed, a couch and some good beer.

Justin

Crash on a couch? Where's the sport in that? You already have a wagon and unless you're over 6ft tall you should be quite comfortable sleeping in the back w/the rear seat folded down...been there, done that @ the Jersey shore.

haha ditto @ the jersey shore too

haha ditto @ the jersey shore too

Yea, I did that several years ago. I drove down to Wildwood for a monster truck event and paid to camp out right on the beach...very cool indeed. There were security guards on the beach all night, so I could sleep with the rear hatch open and listen to the waves roll in. Public restrooms & showers were only a short walk away.

Yea, I did that several years ago. I drove down to Wildwood for a monster truck event and paid to camp out right on the beach...very cool indeed. There were security guards on the beach all night, so I could sleep with the rear hatch open and listen to the waves roll in. Public restrooms & showers were only a short walk away.

Cool i'd like to sleep on the beach in the volvo. we usually go to a lake about 15 mins from the boardwalk so we get the nature thing and then the go cart funnel cake thing in the same weekend. we're actually leaving tomorrow for this years trip!

I live near Sacramento, you're welcome to crash at my place if you want. My wife and I are always down to go camp at the beach for a weekend. Let me know when you come down.

Back