• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rearview mirrors painted!

shellshock

Below, is a photo of Clay
Finally got around to testing my ole' spray gun skills on my mirrors this weekend. Turned out SWEET. Shot 4 coats of clear for uber glossyness.

Cost me $140 in paint, but is soo worth it

My car has a colorz!

IMG_3411.jpg

Stuff:

IMG_3410.jpg

Primed and wet-sanded:

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

Base shot on:

IMG_3416.jpg

Letting it all sit overnight and I'll stick them on tomorrow evening. I'll be sure to get some pics installed

Not bad for having not touched my gun for probably 4 years. I will confess I was a bit slow at getting the numbers rolled up for the mixing ratios though. :oops: :lol:

They look great!...........but why didn't you just go for 960/s90 mirrors?

Nope, theyz all teh same :-P

Thanks man! I think they are going to look sick installed on the car. Will go along great with my 960 painted door handles :)

Yeah, Ive been meaning to do the ones in my car. I want to get 960/s90 ones though so I can have powah mirrors

hmmm...dont know if i woulda painted the whole mirror and base...woulda just done the mirror cover...if that makes sense

needless to say...looks like some quality work

Any 9 or 7 with power windows would do the job.

I need to get around to finishing painting my S90 door handles white, with a rattle can. Then coating it with about 3-4 coats of lacquer. And then I need to paint my mirrors, get new bumpers and paint them the way they would come from the factory and get s90 door trim and fit that.

Looks very nice!

Somemore pics installed. The paint blends perfect with the orignal color. Camera seems to have a slight varation, but believe me, they look perfect in person

Car is uber dirty and I was too lazy to go get my cam. Installed them on my lunch break

IMG_0320.jpg

Back