• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

82 240 Body Kits?

mjkspyder_one

Obsessed with 242's
Anybody know of any websites that have bodykits that would fit an 82 242? I've searched all over the place and I can't seem to find a website that has anything for it, it seems that they make body kits for every make and model car EXCEPT Volvo's (why's everybody always pickin on us?)

I'm not looking for anything TOO extreme, just something to give it that little flare to make people look twice at it, you know?

Thanks guys.

BRICK STYLZ.com sells them for 500 bucks, there rather clean an tasteful. dave B's (pimp) wagon has one if you've ever seen his car i think some other peeps on the board have them too.

I'm looking for something that gives the car a more smooth feel, kinda like CoconutColin's car except not nearly as extreme. The bodykits on brickstylz.com are pretty nice, but it still looks like a stock 240 to me (unless I'm just not looking at the right pic). Maybe something like the body kit for the 850R they have.

I just thought of something...are there any cars out there that have a good amount of body kits available for them that I might be able to use on my 240 with some modification? Possibly a BMW 5 series? I dunno, I just want something to make it look good after I'm done with the list of engine/suspension mods that I want to do.

Chigga 744SE said:
CoconutColin seems to be really good in fibreglass, give him a shout.
Yeah I agree, He may be interested in doing something. He could do it if he's interested.
Colin - you should consider fabbing up some molds or something and making some kits or something.

yo my 240 is an 82...

You need to go to a body shop.. ask for bumpers that have been in addident

cut them in 4 peices so they can fit our car

Tack it on with screws

Grind everything dong

Fiberglass it and sand it down

cooconutcolin@hotmail.com.

im in toronto.. give me a call

St catherines right now..

later!

I've got the brickstylz bodykit. Seen in my sig.. but imagestation only feels like loading it half the time.

I'll throw up some pics from my cardomain to give you an idea, i plan to update to smaller bumpers, and paint the them color of my car (should improve the look of the kit)
251906_82_full.jpg

251906_89_full.jpg

251906_86_full.jpg

(the rear.. my least favorite part)

Shoot randy at brickstylz an email, he's a great guy. However if i had to do it all over, i'd probably go with no body kit and just lower my car. But everyone i say that to who has seen it in real life says it adds alot. :e-shrug:

mjkspyder_one said:
I'm looking for something that gives the car a more smooth feel, kinda like CoconutColin's car except not nearly as extreme. The bodykits on brickstylz.com are pretty nice, but it still looks like a stock 240 to me (unless I'm just not looking at the right pic). Maybe something like the body kit for the 850R they have.

i second that on a close to stock look on the brickstylz.com kit.... plus it won't be any different from what others have put on their car.

-patg

CoconutColin said:
yeah.. why do u think i made my own body kit.

:e-shrug:

unique....

doesn't really match the body though.

it looks like the universal Veilside/Shogun front end from Erebuni. i put one similar to that on my g/f's '93 MX-6 jetblack.

volvo's are sqare and classic looking, so you need to go with that.

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Live mid-market rates as of 2004.05.02 09:15:53 GMT. [/size][/font]</TD></TR><!XERC-UCC2-P1.4-R1><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD align=right>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]4,000.00 SEK[/size][size=-1]
Sweden Kronor [/size][/font]</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=middle>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+3]=[/size][/font]</TD><TD> </TD><TD align=left>[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]522.363 USD[/size][size=-1]
United States Dollars [/size][/font]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CoconutColin said:
yo my 240 is an 82...

You need to go to a body shop.. ask for bumpers that have been in addident

cut them in 4 peices so they can fit our car

Tack it on with screws

Grind everything dong

Fiberglass it and sand it down

cooconutcolin@hotmail.com.

im in toronto.. give me a call

St catherines right now..

later!

My advice to the person who started this thread. Don't take advice from this guy. I have seen his car in person.

Back