• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Flat Black FTW

voca164e

Back from the dead
Flat Black FTW (revisited)

Well, I actually received my wheels finally! Mounted the Sumitomo HTR ZIII's (215/40/18)
Did a test fit with just the wheel first, and it fit great. 18"X7.5" with a +40mm offset. They are made in England and seem to be very nice quality wheels. I think they look great (IMO). They look better on the car than I had pictured.
l_7239f96da68ff1dc7cf22f3a0fcdd480.jpg

l_f6b9737319713f62edd60a844f8cf1a3.jpg

l_2432041cf250a5367790952feed3587b.jpg

l_f863693ccf70c826db0b68ad79b435d5.jpg

l_9722e8ca7ff24d850f92ae58c42346f8.jpg

l_526962cc802ba4e9e1a3f0dffb953c69.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a tech at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership. I've worked for Chrysler since 2003. I did take a break, since July 2005 I've been working in Iraq, and got back this past January. Just starting to get back into the swing of things at this dealer I'm at now. Crazy how much stuff you forget, and how much more changes in two years time.

i think they look nice. good call on the sumi's, i've always heard good things about them.

Thanks. The Sumitomos look like a good value. I'm honestly not expecting much from them, but they had good reviews. I think they were like $109 each. Which seems cheap for an 18" tire.

I have those tires on my 940 in a 215/45-17 and I am happy with them. They are quiet, wear evenly, and stick pretty well.

Thanks. The Sumitomos look like a good value. I'm honestly not expecting much from them, but they had good reviews. I think they were like $109 each. Which seems cheap for an 18" tire.

sumitomos are always cheap (price-wise) tires.

the ones for my car...315/35/17s are just 100 bucks apiece. the next lowest is like 190.

oh yeah, the one thing I really like, is how they designed the wheel to look like it has a RWD offset by giving it a large polished stainless lip. If you look at it, the lip extends further back than where the spokes meet the wheel. pretty clever design.

That's a nice wheel/tire combo, especially against dark blue paint.

Thanks

I think they look hideous. To each his own I guess. At least you got new tires...

I'm not really sure how a simple 5 spoke wheel is hideous, but whatever...
I am really enjoying the Sumitomos so far, nice handling and the ride is very good for 40 series tires. I'll be curious to see how they improve once they are broken in.

Thanks

I'm not really sure how a simple 5 spoke wheel is hideous, but whatever...
I am really enjoying the Sumitomos so far, nice handling and the ride is very good for 40 series tires. I'll be curious to see how they improve once they are broken in.

A Pegasus is a 'simple five spoke wheel'. What you have is a hideous five spoke wheel.

Some people sure seem to be trying to substantiate the rumour that you need thick skin to be on TB in this thread.

I like 'em- I think they're probably a very cool looking wheel when seen in motion.

M.

A Pegasus is a 'simple five spoke wheel'. What you have is a hideous five spoke wheel.

lol! well I guess it's a good thing it's not your car...

Some people sure seem to be trying to substantiate the rumour that you need thick skin to be on TB in this thread.

I like 'em- I think they're probably a very cool looking wheel when seen in motion.

M.

At least I wasn't told to "kill myself".
.....yet.

Thanks, appreciate the compliments from everyone who said so.

Back