• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240: Removing the black vinyl door trim under windows

Bigscreen Bob

A 240 expert in the UK and a member of this forum just removed the black vinyl trim "tape" from his 240.

Consensus seems to be it looks better WITHOUT the trim.

With his permission, I'm attaching his "after" photo here.

Opinions, please: better or worse?

Attachments

• Ian Hutchinson's 240 with under-window vinyl trim REMOVED.jpg
    Ian Hutchinson's 240 with under-window vinyl trim REMOVED.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 787
A 240 expert in the UK and a member of this forum just removed the black vinyl trim "tape" from his 240.

Consensus seems to be it looks better WITHOUT the trim.

With his permission, I'm attaching his "after" photo here.

Opinions, please: better or worse?

method?

I like the black. I think its because I have only ever seen like 3 240's with it.

Thanks for posting that Bob.

I have now accessed my original photos so can post the same 'how to' article that I put on the rwdvolvos.org site.

As Im new here I am still finding my way around. I guess that I post this into the symposium section and it is then moved to the front page articles section? Sorry if I sound a bit dim.

Cheers
Ian

In that pic it does look better, but I'd like to see a pic side-on from further back.
I've always thought that the black strip helps made the vertical height of the windows look more in proportion to the body.

Thats tape?!, I like it without it. I see it on junkyard cars every so often, and don't really like it.

That stripe is part of the reason I fell deeply in like with the two door turbo when I was a kid. :-(

But if yours is all cracked, what the heck

Already started on removing the trim from my 245 last night. An alternative to WD-40 would probably be Goof Off or Goo Gone... I prefer the Turbos without it.

-J

ok....then we need pics of tape in superb condition to settle this.

Like this? :lol:
56.jpg

Back