• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

volvo alarm > inner-city thieves

500dollar744ti

still rides with MrDoug
300+ Club
so i got this customers car in... some inner-city gangstas had tried to pry the door open and steal the car. they got what they asked for haha.

so, they start prying on the door, as soon as they do that the alarm siren triggers. these genius thugs get the idea they will cut holes in the grille and clip the horn connectors to shut it up.

nope, volvo uses a seperate siren for the alarm that's hidden in a spot you can't easily get to. they cut holes in the grille and snip the wires to both horns. FAIL, alarm keeps wailing...

then in their infinite wisdom, they pop open the hood and think they are going to shut it up by cutting the battery cable. nope, the alarm has its own backup battery for the idiots who try that. they cut the cable and FAIL, the alarm keeps screaming. by this time, people are approaching because of the racket and the dumbasses are out of ideas so they run away LOL.

a pretty good system that did exactly what it's supposed to. WIN :rofl:

S6301556.jpg

S6301557.jpg

S6301558.jpg

S6301559.jpg

i installed a new positive cable, repaired the horn wiring, reset the alarm and we are good to go!

So they tried to steal a car and in the process cut the battery cable of the car they're trying to steal?

That's a pretty big epic fail right there :lol:

yup, i think by the time the alarm went off they were more worried about shutting it off before they thought about what they did haha. they all fail.

You know most of the time alarms are of no/little deterrent. Glad to hear one actually did it's job.

Pros will have a jump box. They used to disable Corvette theft deterrent systems by drilling straight down through the hood and battery, releasing all the electrolyte, then break in without sound effects, jump the car and speed off.

So they didn't get caught then..

no they didn't, but the owner avoids the hassle of tracking down a stolen car and/or loosing any parts or belongings inside of it.

Pros will have a jump box. They used to disable Corvette theft deterrent systems by drilling straight down through the hood and battery, releasing all the electrolyte, then break in without sound effects, jump the car and speed off.

on these cars, if the alarm is active and somebody tries to disable the battery without doing anything else, the siren will sound anyway.

if somebody really wants the car, they WILL take it, however the alarm usually scares off some doofus looking for a joyride.

i work with a guy who lives in a bad area and i kid you not, his jeep gets hit once a month. probably a bunch of punk kids looking to grab the stereo system. every time they do the same thing, either bust out a window or smash out a door lock. as soon as they do that, the alarm goes off and they run away. now my buddy is prepared with a nice large bat for the next time they come snooping.

do all newer volvos have this alarm?...like my s60?

yeah, it should... you can test it by leaving the window down, lock the doors, wait like 2 minutes, then unlock it and open the door through the window, the alarm should sound, it will sound different than the standard horns beeping when you press the panic button on the remote.

I'm glad they didn't get the car. The dent sucks though. My alarm system is my german shepard/lab mix, about 100 lbs and black. She's chased off a couple people.

thats a pretty sick alarm system. how do you not call the cops or do anything about this though? i mean they had to be at it for at least a few minutes, you think some one would have done something about it. then again people suck. be kinda funny to see some driving along with two giant holes in the grill

The thing that sucks about the Volvo siren.

They put that stupid break away screw on the bracket the holds it in. Then it goes bad and the sunroof stops working.:grrr:

That sucks about the car. I hope someone catches these people and gives them a case of lead poisoning.

The thing that sucks about the Volvo siren.

They put that stupid break away screw on the bracket the holds it in. Then it goes bad and the sunroof stops working.:grrr:

That sucks about the car. I hope someone catches these people and gives them a case of lead poisoning.

you want someone to shoot them b/c they tried to steal a car? WTF?! :wtf:

I have tried to shoot them. I have chased them in my underwear in the rain. I have held them at gunpoint for the police.

I wish one would have tried something.

You guys need some serious help if you want to murder someone for attempting to steal your car. :rofl:@you

Back