• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

P.A. System in your volvo?

colgate41

Does anyone have one? You know a p.a. system to make a lot of noise and have some fun etc. Im thinking about picking one up from JC Whitney for $50 and just wondered about the install and if anyone has done this. Thanks.

PA = rice = fail

:doh:

rice???

nah, more of a hillbillie thing I think :-D

good way to get your @$$ beat if you tend to mouth off at the wrong person and they figure out what car it's coming from...

as for installing it, follow the instructions, should be stupid simple....

I once strapped a couple of those big outdoor horn speakers to the top of my old 245 wagon like in the blues brothers. I mean these speakers where huge. I then powered them with a 50 watt 12v pa amp and used a headset microphone. I then drove from my old place out near Gaston to SE portland to the busproject.org as they needed it for the top of there bus and I was letting them use it. On the way there, though I had that baby turned up and was yappin at everybody and everything. I drove through hippydom on Hawthorne. It was a blast. I wish I had taken a picture. Most good CB radios have a PA speaker output for a horn type pa speaker you could put under the hood. Only 5 watts though, but pretty loud with the horn speaker. Kind of like a bus pa or cop. It would probably be easy to find an old CB at a garage sale for this.

Simon

Last edited:
I have a loudspeaker and the cb unit hooked up with the mic so I can yell ****.

I can also plug in anything with a headphone jack and play tunes, farm animal noises, etc.

It'd be better if it were amplified better, though.

IMGP0703.jpg

IMGP0695.jpg

I had to run the wire for the loudspeaker thru the firewall. I tapped the hot wire for the reciever to something in the fuse panel, it works when the car is key position 1

I have one in my 960. Just the standard CB radio with PA output jobber. I had all the parts laying around so I decided to put it together. Scary easy to do... It took my all of half an hour.

My CB runs off of my 12V lighter output so the PA works on key position 1. I scared the crap out of two girls on bikes the other day at an intersection. They were crossing in front of my car and I just said "Boo." They were so startled that they fell off their bikes, and had no idea where it came from. They looked at me through my windshield and I gave them the "what?" look. They were so confused.

Anyway, a PA system in a Volvo is FTW all the way. I'm about to buy one of those little devices from JC Whitney that makes animal noises. I just want my car to moo at one person....That would make the $40+shipping well worth it.

Back