• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

F**king windows.

Matt

ICY HOT STUNTA
So yeah, I went outside today, and turned on the car. I put my window down, and all my audio speakers cut out. To get it to work again, I have to roll up the window, turn the car off, and start it up again. I've come tot he conclusion that it's the drivers side window that is doing it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

because the cables for the speaker are so close to the slider thingy, what's going on is when you put the window down, it shorts out the amp, and it goes into a safety cut-off mode, when you put it up, it un-shorts it... pop off the speaker and see for yourself. it's only 4 or 6 screws.

If i'm driving and the cars on, it won't un-short itself when I put the window back up.

Riight thats because the amp went into protect, when you restart the car you give the amp a clean signal again to say all is good. Do as the above poster said and pop the speaker out or hell even take the door cover off and perhaps just bend the speaker connections outta of the way of the window when going down.

3-4 clips along the bottom, door lock knob, red door hazard cap, and in your case the speaker cover if its still there. pull back, lift up (GENTLY). Oh yeah you'll want to take the top half of the door handle bezzel off too, theres a big plastic screw-lock behind the door pull, turn it sideways 90 degrees and pop that loose (also gently, or it'll break if it hasnt)

if you have the map pockets lift those straight up. Then take off the screws before popping the door off. I had that problem and i ended up running my speaker wires on the bottom of the door so the window never touched it.

Back