• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

You will be missed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inc3pt

There isn't much to say. I was rear-ended at a dead stop. I've looked it over and the amount of money it will take to fix correctly will likely be far more than the insurance company will ever pay out for the car. I've battled insurance once with a car like this and the outcome was poor. Obviously I'll going to fight again but even that may not be the hardest part. I don't have time to paint a shell so I guess I'm looking for anyone with a straight, good paint, white 242 turbo. Motor, interior, etc. are irrelevant.

There are not even sadness smilies to express how I'm feeling right now. The last time this happened (2005ish?) I nearly cried when I saw the front of the silver wagon. I don't care if some of you think it's extreme but I'm going to compare it to losing a family member.

Yatta yatta, cars are replaceable, that's what Volvos are for, etc. No...I would have rather ended up with a broken leg or something if it meant she would be okay. :-( :-( :-(

Oh man she was a beaut! Sorry about your loss. It doesnt look too bad. You sure it cant be fixed on the cheap?

Awesome ride though!

Good Lord, I'm sorry man :-(. You've done amazing things with other cars on here before and as much as it sucks you can and WILL do it again with another Volvo. What a beautiful car though, you should be very proud of your work.

hm, i'm going to jump in with a real quick "pwn3d! lawlz"

good luck with the mess, people are getting increasingly lousy at driving.

How the hell is it that 3 240s have been rearended in the last month or so? First Leahs wagon, then Gilfy's 244, now Tye's 242 (geuss it was a countdown).

****ty, battle it out man, tell insurance to find you another car identical to the one you currently have.

Nothing; just figured out after talking to him on AIM that insurance will just not pay what it costs to fix it properly.

Defeats the point of paying for collision coverage if you ask me...hence insurance = epic fail.

Well, let me clarify real quick. I haven't actually spoken to their insurance company yet. I simply know that for it to be repaired correctly (new rear quarter, new rear tail sheetmetal, frame straightening, paint, etc), it will cost way more than the value of the car. Also, I only have liability so my insurance company isn't going to go to bat for me very much.

Nothing; just figured out after talking to him on AIM that insurance will just not pay what it costs to fix it properly.

Defeats the point of paying for collision coverage if you ask me...hence insurance = epic fail.

Collision coverage is for taking care of collisions that reuslt primarily in cosmetic damage, or if you hit someone else.

You can't expect your insurance to pay for damage if the cost of repairing said damage is greater than the insured value of the vehicle. That is not a fail, that is how insurance works. Does that not make sense?

The car is not fixable by any "normal" means, expecting insurance to cover 5k worth of repairs on a 3k car is not reasonable.

Hmm...are you in portland...if you are take it to Jim Fisher Volvo...they have a body shop there and see what they can do to fix it. So, say it costs 3,000, that's probably way less then what you have in to it, not to mention that it is the other persons insurance that will be paying the bill not you. It's your car you decide what you want. I think it's fixable by what I see, and its not the easy way out, but if you like this car, this is what needs to be done. The insurance company in a buch of money grubbing sobs...but, they will pay to fix this car, when you point out how rare 242s are, what you put into it etc. Otherwise they have to find you a 242 in that shape, which would not be easy. Good luck man...don't let them get their way.

Mention that you will go to the board of insurance etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back