• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New look

sbabbs

300+ Member
300+ Club
Okay got the trans am spoiler on and then this body kit shows up so I put the back on so far. It's a factory volvo 80's 740 kit.

racenewlook1.jpg

racenewlook2.jpg

Just ordered up a 6 puck disc for my getrag conversion. Clutchnet said they'd ship it out today. I got all the wiring figured out for my 2.4 conversion. Next the motor goes back in... then the drags.

Simon

Last edited:
That rear end is a factory kit? Looks a little weird to me but i don't think it looks bad at all. Where did you get a factory kit? e-bay or what?

p.s.

The T/A spoiler works well.

We'll the side skirts have Volvo brands on them. I'll try and read more info off of them and let you know. I'm certain the previous owner cut the back lower valance holes out. The front valance still has the plastic plates on the back of the scoop holes. You can take them out by removing the screws. The back one was cut up down there so It is probably a little different looking than normal so.....

I got it off local craigslist. The person had listed them before but for a lot more money. He listed them the other day for $50 and I bought them.

Simon

We'll the side skirts have Volvo brands on them. I'll try and read more info off of them and let you know. I'm certain the previous owner cut the back lower valance holes out. The front valance still has the plastic plates on the back of the scoop holes. You can take them out by removing the screws. The back one was cut up down there so It is probably a little different looking than normal so.....

I got it off local craigslist. The person had listed them before but for a lot more money. He listed them the other day for $50 and I bought them.

Simon

I got ya man. Well i think it looks different but good at the same time. Once you get em on there nice and good blacken them up nice with forever black or something, it will really make your bumpers pop against that sweet green-ish paint.

AKA SE Kit.

I didn't think volvo sold an 80's 740 SE model? I've seen the 90+ ones, that's a whole different bumper and mounting deal. Sideskirts might be the same. This kit bolts on the front and rear bumpers taking off the sides of the bumpers. Only the 80's ones had the bumpers separate from the side deals. That was one thing I asked the guy and when he described how it goes on, I knew it'd fit my 89. Months ago when he first listed them, I thought they were for 90+, but luckily they weren't. Also the 80's bumpers weight a lot less then the 90+ ones if you didn't know.

Simon

Back