• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Post your poop brown Volvo pictures

volvo 4 life

I've only seen mine and this is it:

IM000736.jpg

1980 244 De Lump

This poor car has around 128,000 miles. Original owner was an old lady. Some kid bought it, beat on it, another kid bought it, beat on it some more and now here it sits because kid number 2 screwed up the transmission. Anyways....its brown....
IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

...and i'm going to be putting a transmission in it.

I had an '83 244 turbo that was metallic brown. Looked like rootbeer. Haven't seen any in flat brown though.

I've seen a few. Usually 1979-84 cars. There were two poo browns. #138 Castlewood Brown used on 1979-83 cars, and #202 Brown used on 1984 cars. The #202 brown is shinier. Justin, swedishiron.com owned an '81 244DL before he moved to Lake Stevens. Was in #138 brown. Somewheres, I have pix of it... I've also seen a former Bernard Imports loaner car driving around Woodinville. '79 244DL in #138 brown.

-J

Brownies!!!

Ohh!! Brownies!! :dance:

I have one and love it!! :clap:
My baby is a 1980 244DL
Pictures can be seen in my garage at Volvospeed:
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?&autocom=registry&cmd=view_item&CID=643

I'm not sure how rare they are as I've seen a number of them over the years in Northern CA, but I've had others tell me its a rare color and that they have not seen many.

Here's my spotted list:
Two brown 245s-- owned by two different high school track coaches.
One brown 244 (that looked like it had been t-boned on the passenger side)-- I would see it around town occasionally, but I've not seen it in a while...

And, when I was little, my dad owned a 1981 242DL.
In brown, naturally! :lol:

Edit: I almost forgot to add one of my favorite things to do when running errands in my brown car:
Dress in my Brown Outfit (brown t-shirt, tan shorts, brown shoes)!
No brownie owner should be without! :rockon:
As you can imagine, I've gotten some very amusing reactions...
(It's also something of a family joke)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I really like my brown 244, not a too common color nowadays. :-D

Sadly the aluminum paint code table is totally unreadable, but I think mine has the 138 Dorango/Castlewood brown paintcode. Am I right? I'll have to buy some paint in the future... :)

Ohh!! Brownies!! :dance:

One brown 244 (that looked like it had been t-boned on the passenger side)-- I would see it around town occasionally, but I've not seen it in a while...

Coincidence? :lol:

Someone in Europe has a build thread on there poop brown 245! Such am awesome color on a 240! I think he ha that super rare blue color too as a parts ca for the brown one! I think the title of the thread has so whine to do with "poop brown"!

Someone in Europe has a build thread on there poop brown 245! Such am awesome color on a 240! I think he ha that super rare blue color too as a parts ca for the brown one! I think the title of the thread has so whine to do with "poop brown"!

Poop brown you say??? :)

Back