• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"R" brake upgrade

Hey Boy's and Girls,

I had NO choice but to add this upgrade, took the 242 to Willow Springs International in CA and after 4 laps coming down a "S" turn NO F**king brakes, I'm mean nothing.......
Scared the crap out of me so I knew then I had to improve the brake system.
Word to the racers out there Please be Aware the 240 brake system is Very Good but not when demanded to work that hard over and over.
We'll see how she does from now.
Keep the shiny side up! http://s323.photobucket.com/albums/nn465/flyingbrick242/New%20Shoes/

First of all, here's a working image link: http://s323.photobucket.com/albums/nn465/flyingbrick242/New Shoes/ ;-)

Brakes are looking great! You need to stop teasing and tell us how they work for you.

Hey Karl,

So far very little time with it since they were just installed last nite but what I can tell you is it feels very eager to stop with little pedal pressure.
It feels like a powerful engine in a small lite weight vehicle, Hardly any throttle and your taking off.
Thanks for your Help!

I had NO choice but to add this upgrade, took the 242 to Willow Springs International in CA and after 4 laps coming down a "S" turn NO F**king brakes, I'm mean nothing.......
Brake ducting makes a huge difference on the track. You should figure out a track only duct for the big brakes as well.

Nice upgrade regardless.

This is all I do and I never had fade (Before you question my driving, mention my name to Dave B on the subject):

brakeduct02.jpg

Brake ducting makes a huge difference on the track. You should figure out a track only duct for the big brakes as well.

Nice upgrade regardless.

This is all I do and I never had fade (Before you question my driving, mention my name to Dave B on the subject):

brakeduct02.jpg

That is awesome... hahaha

Nice upgrade regardless.

brakeduct02.jpg

Its got to be hard to over heat any brakes with those skinny tires you keep running :-P

The R brakes from s60 seems to be popular over there. How much do the calipers cost there? I got a quote from Volvo for 700 euros / piece. That's 1050 us$. Are they any cheaper over there?

The R brakes from s60 seems to be popular over there. How much do the calipers cost there? I got a quote from Volvo for 700 euros / piece. That's 1050 us$. Are they any cheaper over there?

we can get the entire s60 upgrade kit for $1800.(if that is a guage of anything)

that is for a normal s60 to s60R brakes

Last edited:
Hummm I've actually had no problems with my brakes at all.. And thats at VIR, alot of heavy braking zones. What pads and fluid where you running ??

he has horsepower.... something the IT guys don't
Next time you come to PDX try to schedule it around a time when you can go for a ride with me. I passed a 220+rwhp 242ti in a n/a IT car. I think that was in the session right before the one where you ran out of talent. ;-)

I did the front R-brakes for just under 1,000 last year. Most awsome upgrade! Make sur eyou remove the rear limiting valves!!

Mark

Back