• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My new 1978 242

77volvo245

I bought my 242 a week ago that I found on CL. The car did not run and I was told it was the fuel pump. I put a pump I had laying a round in my shop and start the car up and drove off amd paid only 600 DOLLARS:) for the car
Im the 4th onwer and the car only has 89k orginal miles and the paperwork to prove it. The car has red leather interior and I notice there seat covers Im sure it came factory.
Some minor rust spots here and there but very staright. The lady before me did get in a wreck but just the bumper pushed in on the driver side. The hood hinges did get seized at one piont and the hood got bent as well.
What it needs:
New suspeion
E-fan
Get rid of A/C
New hood

After making this Volvo a good runner Im going to sell the car to a good friend of mine.

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow!
I think you got a better deal than my $500 car!

That's nice dude.
Can I be your friend? You can sell it to me after making it a nice runner?

looks like you guys got a good car there, especially for only $600. Your friend might appreciate a new front bumper though, or at least an airdam underneath that thing... Too bad it's an auto though, does your friend have the budget for a manual transmission swap?

Not right now for a manual swap. I did find a hood and a trunk lid and already have a front bumper and airdam.

Back