• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nor Cal Meet/ BBQ/ and Camping

bigbret

Campin in your backyard.
Hey everybody I was wondering who would be interested in a Volvo meet in the North Bay? I live in Sebastopol and wanted to get to know some local Volvo people. I am just trying to gauge interest right now but I had envisioned meeting up at a local large parking lot setting off on scenic drive to a campground and BBQ'in, camping and hanging out. I know of a couple different places we could go (Sugarloaf, Samuel P. Taylor and Bodega Dunes. I am open to suggestions at this point and I don't have a date in mind, but def after the new year. Maybe mid Jan? So who is interested? :nod:

I'm interested but I'd need to find a way to get out there (Only 17 and no license, haha!).

I live in Rohnert Park, so a North Bay meeting seems appealing to me.

If we could wait until after March, I could definitely get out there, wherever "there" is! :lol:

Nor Cal Meet/BBQ/ and Camping

Hey man your 10 miles away from me we could work it out. I was thinking of maybe something sooner at least maybe a drive and BBQ in the next week or so. I also need to see if anyone in the area has some valve shims the would be willing to part with for some $ or beer or both?:oogle:

Hey man your 10 miles away from me we could work it out. I was thinking of maybe something sooner at least maybe a drive and BBQ in the next week or so. I also need to see if anyone in the area has some valve shims the would be willing to part with for some $ or beer or both?:oogle:

I can't drive at all. Not legally anywho. Don't have a permit or nothing. And yes, we bought the car knowing that I wouldn't be able to drive it right off. That's fine, as it still needs plenty of work to make it really nice and it gives me something to do in my spare time. :-P

also, I don't even know what valve shims are yet, nevermind being able to sell them. :rofl:

I'd be interested but not until Feb at least. I need time to recover from the holidays.

thebornotaku- If I go I can drive you, that's no problem.

bigbret- For the shims you should just go to the local JY and grab all you can. Gary and I did this a couple years ago, spent about 2 hours pulling shims. Now he has a ton of shims and won't have to buy any in the near future.

Saturday evening, Sundays work best for me with my work schedule. 2 jobs and no free time can really make it hard to get out of town.

And if it's in Feb I should be able to have the Tentaclewagon back in action with some new goodies.

i am down to go. just give me a when and where and i will try and work my schdule round it. coming down from sacramento.. if anyone else wants to go. or carpool let me know.

i get my liscence back jan hos im down after then for sure

I am glad to see some responses, I want to do this in Feb. The location would be around the Northern Ca area anywhere from probably as far south as San Francisco and to as far north as Santa Rosa. I am looking for more ideas on locations within that area. Lets do this.:cool:

Ok, lets start some real planning here. Someone set a date in Feb and pick a site. That way we can all get ready for this.

What about a mid-late March cruise up Mount Hamilton? It's down by San Jose, but I've heard the road is fun and twisty, and there's a sweet observatory at the top.

What about a mid-late March cruise up Mount Hamilton? It's down by San Jose, but I've heard the road is fun and twisty, and there's a sweet observatory at the top.

sounds good to me -- I'd love to hit the twisties in my 245. Hopefully by march I'll be able to get some stiffer shocks, lower springs, etc...

How about the weekend of March 21st or March 28th? Should be nice and sunny, I'll be able to drive legally :-)lol:), and god knows that no matter what we do, there's always going to be something interesting going on... it'll be a volvo meet for chrissakes.

Driving up a mountain in March definitely gets my vote. Maybe we can all go get dinner or something afterwords or lunch before.

Back