• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carbon Fiber Group-A wing (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostdemon

creative mastermind
Welp, I took to the trunk with a drill and marker and managed to install the carbon fiber group-a wing w/o too much trouble. Wing comes from DBS motorsports in the UK (im sure Dave will reply since he's been hounding me to get pics of this prototype).

MVC-783S.JPG

MVC-784S.JPG

MVC-788S.JPG

Wow, is all i can say.. its a beaut. If I wasnt a poor student in need of some suspension and a paint job and a rollcage and brakes and seats, and harnesses, I'd so buy one ;)

Maybe when I get my paint job done, I'll get one.

How much?

Jordan

some other pics:

the most painful part... (emotionally that is)
MVC-779S.JPG

the start of the cutting to allow the bolt to go through
MVC-780S.JPG

the finished hole just enough to fit a socket
MVC-781S.JPG

MVC-786S.JPG

MVC-789S.JPG

its single sheets of carbonfiber twill, top and bottom... seamed together. The mounts are fiber glass mat for strength, bonded to the bottom carbon sheet.

<edit>
yes... its hollow
</edit>

yee haw , thats the best looking wing ever .

i doubt anybody can pull it off either , i can confirm it is the only carbon fiber GRP a wing in existence , Dana , you are one of a kind .

Its also a copy of the original GRp a wing WIND TUNNEL TESTED BY VOLVO , is that good enough for you .

If you want one , you know where to come

MVC-783S.JPG

:shock: 8)

[quote:06548f6be4]I can confirm it is the only carbon fiber GRP a wing in existence , Dana , you are one of a kind.[/quote:06548f6be4]

:shock: 8)

NICE!

[quote:01c59f705f]bitjockey and I test fitted one to his 744... didnt look good IMO[/quote:01c59f705f]

Yeah, it looked like total shit. I still haven't found a wing I like on my car... even the SE spoiler is a little gaudy for me.

I felt like I was building a model at the dragstrip that day... I was holding up exhaust tips and wings to my car like it was a Revell kit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back