• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE 8.0 October 9th-11th 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
I say tentative since it can feasibly be pushed back a weekend.
It has been bumped to the 9th-11th of October

Ok here's the info. Block of 10 reserved, two beds per. $65+tax a night (for the whole room not per person)
(334)-396-6300
Reserved under my name Kenny Howard
group name turbobricks.
The cutoff date is the day before (8th) and the last chance to cancel is the 9th before 4pm.

FOR THE COMPREHENSION-CHALLENGED, SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOLLOWS BELOW:

As per the norm:
Friday night will be drag night
Saturday will be dyno day
Sunday is open to travel/track/road course? (i'll leave that up to sam)

We had an awesome turnout for SE 7.0, and it seemed like perhaps more people could have attended if the date was set sooner, so here it is. I'll give it until mid feb and then the date up top will be the date of the event, and should give you guys enough time to plan accordingly (and save accordingly, if applicable).

For the guys from this year, was the hotel good? Need any change there, or would it be fine for another year?

There is a guest room at the house (that I think will be set up by then, heh) that might be available.. overseas people get first dibs, then from there its a distance-traveled pecking order(there is no continental breakfast at the house, however).

The usual disclaimers apply:
Plan accordingly, bring enough money for alternative travel arrangements if you plan to race (see also: Uhaul and 500dollar; the cullen incident).
Similar to last year, the hotel reservations will probably be made in august (don't want the **** to get lost like it did for SE 6)
There will be a grille available, there are pools (weather obviously will play a part here), and hell I might even have a diving board this year. Plan accordingly.
The hot tub will *not* be available.

We can spend all day on the dyno, however in years past this has proven to be somewhat tedious. We will probably limit the list to around 10-12 cars, first come first serve (if there is sufficient demand, Sam might be convinced to hold another session on sunday). This has been known to be re-evaluated on the spot, and if things finish up early enough there could be additional cars let on, however I would not plan on this happening. (besides, the party isn't as much fun if you're dog tired from hanging out in the dyno room all afternoon).

I'll keep a list in this post for dyno people, pm me and lemme know what you're planning on strapping down. Again, FCFS.

Thats about it for the moment, off to your calenders!

Ok, battlewagon is still badgering me to hold his hand about all of this so here you go.. I hope those of you who can read this have access to mapquest:
friday night www.mmpdragracing.com . Gates open at 6pm, as per the website. If we get rained out, its TBA and we'll likely move it to Sunday.
saturday morning 9am: Alabama Pro Performance. the group as a whole moves on from there. stragglers need to find their own way.
Sunday: That's up to you guys.

Last edited:
I'm there... doubt I'll make the mini-meet (cuz of money), but the big-number-meet for sure.

I was just fine with the hotel arrangements this year. It was VERY easy to get to from the house and such. I used my GPS to get to the house once then realized how easy it was, plus Taco Bell was right next door and that was freakin sweet for coming back in the early AM after the big party.

Not that I will have anything worth dyno'ing (if I even drive)... but wouldn't people with tuning needs get a little bit more favor when it comes to the dyno list? Just a thought...

Hopefully there won't be so much "fail" going on this year.

For the guys from this year, was the hotel good? Need any change there, or would it be fine for another year?

There is a guest room at the house (that I think will be set up by then, heh) that might be available.. overseas people get first dibs, then from there its a distance-traveled pecking order(there is no continental breakfast at the house, however).

The Hotel was nice and no problems with that at all.
The breakfast at the hotel was nothing much to write home about anyway, so the guest room sounds great if someone doesnt end up drunk in it and also throw up in it. A lock would be a wise investment.

I'll say maybe to attending, house purchase depending this year may affect cash flow, but still if theres a cheap flight going, then I could swing by in a Focus or Cobalt this time though.

I am in and ready to brake the dyno again.:lol: The hotel was nice the people at the meet were nicer and the parties are...well... freakin awesome.

Adam

if it gets pushed back to the next weekend i can be there. birthday is the 4th and im gonna be here.

I'm prolly coming this weekend for the super mini-mini-meet :)

Otherwise I shall be there for the uber-meet. Glad I get to meet all you ****ers.

cross country in a Boeing 747, 75' 244 or a Dakota towing a 83' 244???

[but the latter being highly unlikely while the other two are very possible]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back