• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

diff grill on my 91?? pics

thelostartof

unbalanced chemical
300+ Club
ok so my friend stoped by w/ his 92' 940T w/ the fog light front and egg crate grill so i wanted to see what it looked like

so here are pics, these first set are of his grill just pushed under... i'd need to shave some of the bracket and make a custom setup but other wise i think i'd look SWEEET

sIMG_7237.jpg

sIMG_7236.jpg

sIMG_7235.jpg

and here's my stocker w/o the center piece that i'm just gonna leave like that ... i'm gonna paint it black maybe or i might keep it chrome

sIMG_7234.jpg

sIMG_7233.jpg

sIMG_7232.jpg

thoughts??

is that paint on your hood from a mask job? im not seein why its only on the right side.... anyways, i like the crate grill better than the chromie. later,

ben

the tape is all from all the scratches in the paint(down to the metal) if ya look @ my old threads in showroom about my hood you'll see y its all ****ed up ... i might jsut leave it there haha untill i can figure out how to semi repaint it

i took my grill apart and repainted it, i kept the outer section chrome, delete the cross angle and it's mounts, then painted the vertical grilling flat black... looks good, slims the front end of the car some as far as profile goes with those giant 740 headlights we have... i'll try to get some pics up soon

Since the grill slats aren't flat with the sash removed, have you considered putting an overlay of mesh fabric? Masonry lathe at Home Depot is one source (prime and paint first, of course) ... IKEA wire-mesh trash cans are another. Either way, we're talking about $5.

-- Kane

You could also paint the inserts flat black and add wire mesh or small expanded aluminum to make your own mesh grille. If you go that route, keep the chrome around the outside edges.

If going with the stock look, then go with the eggcrate. It gives the car a sporty appearance. I like it.

BTW: are the foglights you have effective with the placement you have them in?

Last edited:
Back