• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Audio

MiniMotoSX

I am planning on putting all new speakers in my car except people have been telling me that there are no aftermarket speakers that will directly fit into my car. Is this true? I just went outside and measured all of the speakers and got sizes that are weird. What speakers have you guys used to put in the doors of your 940s and the rear decks?

The front door speakers are a 6" , or 5 3/4" size. 6 1/2" aftermarket speakers are too big - you can't use the factory grill cover with them. I've used 5 1/4" , they will mount up but there will be a gap around the speaker. Phoenix Gold makes a 6" component set, I put those in my brothers 1994 940T, they fit fine , and I was able to re-use the factory grilles, but there was some of the speaker frame protruding out. The rear deck is just a 6x9" driver, all you have to do is drill new mounting holes for the aftermarket 6x9" speakers, they will drop right in . Hope that helps.

Well tonight I put in some 6x9's I picked up for pretty cheap. They were about 30 bucks, got them from Target. VR3's i think they were called. Nothin special just a little something. But damn it made a HUGE difference in the sound now. It sounds so much more clear and a lot louder too.

Back