• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tucking the bumpers on a 2xx

D3LaHk

The bumpers look like they can be tucked just like the BMW guys do to there older e30s with the DB bumpers (diving board)... just wondering if its been done...

The way i did it on my e30 was to drill the shocks out (till they loose pressure VERY MESSY) then drive the car against a solid wall and push them in...

I would think It would give it a nicer look

Thanks

I did it on the track car. Don't listen to this degradation of safety crap. They're only made to handle what a 5-10 mph hit? You hit something head on at over 20 the fact that you drilled out your bumper shocks isn't going to make a difference. Do it, it looks better, to me thats all that matters ;-) It really does look good thou. Just keep that little bit of rubber trim above the bumper to keep that gap closed.

The way i did it on my e30 was to drill the shocks out (till they loose pressure VERY MESSY) then drive the car against a solid wall and push them in...

I would think It would give it a nicer look

Thanks

future060208_468x314.jpg

welcome to 5+ years ago

been there, done that, except i used an old pickup in place of a wall

I did it on the track car. Don't listen to this degradation of safety crap. They're only made to handle what a 5-10 mph hit? You hit something head on at over 20 the fact that you drilled out your bumper shocks isn't going to make a difference. Do it, it looks better, to me thats all that matters ;-) It really does look good thou. Just keep that little bit of rubber trim above the bumper to keep that gap closed.

yes and no.... if you have a crash at 20, then the shocks will wipe of maybe 1 or 2 but yes, stuff all... but what if you compress the bupers and then have a crash at 10mph? shock goes straight into the body and bends stuff that otherwise wouldn't.....

Anyway, they do look good and depending on where and how you drive how much or little saftey you lose.

yes and no.... if you have a crash at 20, then the shocks will wipe of maybe 1 or 2 but yes, stuff all... but what if you compress the bupers and then have a crash at 10mph? shock goes straight into the body and bends stuff that otherwise wouldn't.....

Anyway, they do look good and depending on where and how you drive how much or little saftey you lose.
what if you scrape the ground when you wouldnt have unlowered?
what if you gotta listen to cds when you wouldnt have had to if you had a tape deck
what if you get laid when you wouldnt have if your car was ugly??

Back