• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Evil Genius Dyno vids from 4/26

orie

Doctor Who
Bad MSnS fuel map. At the very end of the night, he did get a successful dyno, after messing around with his fuel map quite a bit (iirc).

The 1800 guy is on the 1800 list on yahoo, but not TB or any of the other mainstream forums. It has a b20 in it with a John Parker head and cam, like Gary's 144. I don't remember if they have the same setup or not, but I seem to remember one of them saying they have larger valves. That being said, Gary has megasquirt for fueling, where Scott has twin Mikuni 45s that aren't very friendly down low, but are great up top. Power/torque wise it was a little worse than Gary's if I remember correctly. Can't remember for sure.

Either way I wasn't very impressed with only a 30whp improvement over my stock b20b with worn everything, and less torque produced by both... I can only assume more tuning needs to be done, especially with ignition timing. Or there wasn't enough compression built into their setups? They both need to forward their dyno sheets to John for seeing, he always wants to see dyno sheets for those engines(stock and modified).

I might have to get that forwarded to him Kyle. :)

I KNOW mine needs tuning. Between the lean stuff, and the timing curve being crap, there's way more to be had. All in all, with 9.5:1 at .035 squish, mine ain't doing too bad, but I know timing and fuel adjustments can add a lot, especially in terms of torque. I gotta say though, that torque band on mine is hilarious, being within 10 ft.lbs from 2300-6k!

We were excited because when that thing got on boost it sounded awesome! I heard it ran pretty well at the track too?

+1.. the sound was amazing. Same with Scott's 1800. Was also sweet to see the 1800 out on the track, i'm fairly sure most 1800 folks wouldn't even consider it.

I know there are more videos out there guys! Harald, where are yours? And other people...?

Back