• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my first turbo!

llama

0429092151.jpg

This is my first turbo and its wonderful! got it from auditechjs. Its a td05 12b, and its going on the 16 valve with the help of tennacious todd. woot! i has turbo!

i dont need anything huge! i only want 6 psi for now to start with anyway, and this will get the job done. to yoshifab!

It's not bad, but I certainly would have gone larger than that to have some fun. I think you would have found for just a little extra money you would have been happier with a 15g/90+ combo. Lag is still literally non-existent with the 15g.

It will be spoolerific on a 16v. While its too small to do anything crazy, i bet it would hang with a 15g 8v car.

whoa, hold on there fellas.

I've ran this turbo a couple of my cars, and have been surprised! my '87 740 Turbo had one, and ran 12psi no probs with it and I have able to play with a modded STI on the freeway. my 740 also had the M46, but pretty much completely stock just upped the boost.

Now, Don't let these guys with thier small TD04 - 15g's tell you whats good. that TD05 IS BIGGER! you just need to get the right compressor housing and wheel later on. I deffinately would choose a TD05 any day of the week over a tiny TD04.

AT anyrate, I love me some good boost lag, makes for a nice surprise while driving. but you won't get that with a TD05. My Starion had a TD05 - 12A while pretty much the same, the comp wheel was backward bladed for a little better flow at the top end. boost come on incredably quick! but I stuck the 12B on there because it had the CBV built in. the B wheel is straight bladed which boost is made more smoothly and linear, while not having a super high top end flow. stuck that on and I got a slower spooling setup - what I wanted seeing how I needed traction control of some kind on the thing. For those who don't know what a Starion/Conquest is: Mitsubishi badass MOFO from the 80's L4 2.6litre FI Turbo. Kick ass car. I blew mine up because the cheap MBC I got stuck and boost went WAY up there.. one loud pop later and cyl# went dead at an idle... hmm.... cracked the rings, but man I never got to 125mph faster in my life!

i ran a yoshifab adapter on my wagon with a decent turbo though.. your going to ping like a mofo on the bottom end with the high cr and insta boost.

Back