• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Aus 1979 Volvo 242gt V8

slpdesign99

Hey guys been a member for a while because I have been looking for the right car to show-up and I have final found it.

here is my new purchase for good old ebay

1979 242gt with a Holden 253cid V8 and toyota celica 5 speed

it in perth and I am in Vic so will recive car on 10 August cannot wait. Pic below

volvo-07.jpg

volvo-06.jpg

volvo-05.jpg

volvo-04.jpg

volvo-03.jpg

volvo-02.jpg

volvo-01.jpg

fix it up and use it as my 2nd car to repalace my busted Charade. Once the rallycar is finished it will become the towcar and used for the ocasional track days with maybe a 308cid (5lt) half cage race seats ect

I agree, the VN/ VP 5.0 is a very good engine, great cylinder heads and still runs a conventional distributor, so a swap involves very few wires to run. They also put out good torque stock.
I never quite understood the 4.2, same size dimensionally and weight wise as the 5 litre, but miles less of everything to offer.
But you have the swap in teh car all up and running, so when the time comes a 5.0 will be eay to stab in there.
Rest of the car sounds/looks good too! Photos of the "supra" (probably a Wxx box)5 speed swap would be cool.

Regards, Andrew.

Looks really good, I think that car has a lot of potential.

Put a VN-VT 304 in it, stroked to 355 with a decent cam and exhaust, and start surprising the local P platers! :-P

Saw that one. Was emailing him about the DL he has. It got a bubble under the windscreen and wont budge on 1500..... good luck for him:lol: what you end up paying for it? the 1500?

Very nice buy, r-sport dash and all! Injected 5lt for sure, very easy swap, great for towing i would imagine
what happend with the 242 DL?

Thanks guys got it for $1525 so will see the condition its in. this was what he said

"There is a chip in the windscreen on the passenger side that the RTA might pick. I don't know what their attitude on heaters in cars is, but the one on this car is bypassed. Rust wise there is a bit the size of a 20 cent piece on the the corner of the drivers door and the tiniest bubble on the boot lid. I can't see anymore than that."

Back