• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

85 turbo needs YOUR help!

MikeB23ft

The proble is with my second car, a 1985 740 Turbo. Car idles rough, and the idle speed varys by as much as 350 rpm sometimes, for no apparent reason. Its not getting enough of someting (air or fuel), and then its getting plenty of it, and then not enough again. The whole engine shakes around alot, and just generally runs rough. I have looked for a vacum leak, and checked the plugs. Sometimes the car will just die, usually right after startup. I would REALLY appreciate it if ya'll would gimme a hand here.

Thanks!
Michael

can you say..... MAITNENCE FORUM! try cleaning Throttle body

OK I pulled the hose off tha TB and it didn't seem really dirty. I'll clean it anyway, but the purpose of this post is to discover WTF an idle bypass is?

Michael

[quote:9a0f8453a8]I'll clean it anyway, but the purpose of this post is to discover WTF an idle bypass is?[/quote:9a0f8453a8]

its a small say 4x1" cylinder mounted to rubber jellies just under the intake i think... its got two hoses going to it bypassing the throtle body.

Back