• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CF front spoiler.

Chigga 744SE

Taiwan hillbilly
yea I'm gonna get one, I'm determine to get one, I want one, I'm gonna put one on my car when I'm back, I was checking out Gemini's site and didn't see one.

I was wondering if anyone knows a good source other than VIS's carbon creation.

I think it'll look sweet.

the guys that run darknights make carbon fiber front bumpers.. you should try and get one from them.

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
Sam, were working on Marc about making Carbon Fiber 850R front airdam/bumpers. Talk to Marc, he'll make anything for the right price (or time).

His pricing is VERY fair.
Depending on price I'd possibly be interested in a CF 850R airdam eventually.
-Andy

I've seen a LOT of cracked bumper covers on lowered cars, some CF too. I would do a splitter in 1/8" thick aluminum before I used CF. Save the carbon for non-impact areas.

not like the 850R spoiler, just like a flat panel that sticks out, I got the magic stick to control the angle of panel, Colin, who is the person runs DKN? I pay little to non attention to those events now days.

towerymt said:
I've seen a LOT of cracked bumper covers on lowered cars, some CF too. I would do a splitter in 1/8" thick aluminum before I used CF. Save the carbon for non-impact areas.

I agree with this also, as pretty as CF may be, its awfully expensive to replace.
I currently have a little splitter on the front of my 240, which extends backwards toward the sumpguard and sticks out approx 30mm from the leading edge of the front spoiler. Its made of 2mm thick ABS plastic, which is really cheap, flexible so it can handle little scuffs across curbs on the track and can handle bumping it occasionally on the driveway, carparks, etc.

When it does break, crack or split (which it will eventually) just cut another piece out and pop rivet it back in place.

Mine currently has a few cracks in the underneath of it, but Im not replacing it until I've got the new springs and koni shocks in the front and done some more front end work.

In the pic below the car is sitting on (approx 40mm lower) Kings springs all round, and the rears have now been replaced with custom made springs and koni shocks, which are the same height but 15% stiffer.
Im going to get new front springs made in the next couple of weeks, 30mm lower again, 15% stiffer than Kings, so once thats done I'll work out how much longer I can make the new splitter, but will probably use some aluminium stays on it attached to the bumper, as even the 30mm one generates reasonable downforce on the nose on track days.

In the pic you'll also see the extra duct in the front spoiler which feeds the custom airbox.

ashspoiler.jpg

I think the ABS plastic is better than aluminium because its less likely to catch on things, and you dont have to keep straightening it out. ;-)

Last edited:
Snoop Dougy Doug said:
Ash, I've thought about the same thing but always ruled against it because of the angle the airdams are on, but I see it doesn't really look that bad afterall!

hmmm ;-)

I have two mild-steel brackets that go backwards toward the sumpguard coming off the spoiler which help to keep it flat rather than pointed at the ground, also act as extra points to rivet it to.
Have a look when you get a chance, you'll see that a 240 front spoiler has quite a good flange that makes having a flat 'splitter' quite easy to setup.

I'll take some more pics soon with a bigger one on it, once the new front springs are in, etc and see what ground clearance is like.

my friend is willing to help me to make the spoiler, he worked on some CASCAR before, but I think the final product will be interesting.

ashvolvo said:
I have two mild-steel brackets that go backwards toward the sumpguard coming off the spoiler which help to keep it flat rather than pointed at the ground, also act as extra points to rivet it to.
Have a look when you get a chance, you'll see that a 240 front spoiler has quite a good flange that makes having a flat 'splitter' quite easy to setup.

I'll take some more pics soon with a bigger one on it, once the new front springs are in, etc and see what ground clearance is like.

I'd like to try that on my GT front spoiler... maybe even let it get a bit bigger at the sides.

zacattack said:
I'd like to try that on my GT front spoiler... maybe even let it get a bit bigger at the sides.

It would be even easier on the GT front spoiler, because of the shape. I had a GT spoiler on my old '79 245, if you do it be sure to send on some pics.

Ash

Colin wrote:
"stick with them they live in canada make all there **** in canada. and they probably will be the best deal then some shmuck in the states"

Uhhhh.... Gemini *IS* in Canada... :roll:

I go to pick n' pull yards and buy plactic bumpers from fwd bs. The flexible plastic the oe's use is great. Easy to cut with an xacto knife on a warm day, easy to shape, you can fuse it to other peices of plastic with a soldering iron, fiberglass it, bondo it, etc.
I swear you could make a space shuttle out that ****. :D

Back