• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Hybrid 7/9 Deathwagon (lotsa pics)

940franken

I have a 1993 940 turbo wagon. I got it when i was 17 and it was pretty quick...till I wrecked and totalled it into the back of a Mercury Grand Marquis. Needless to say the insurance company paid my parents the money and my dad bought it back and parked it in the backyard.

Well after a couple cars i needed one and in late summer of 08' used the 86' 740 turbo in my back yard for a front end and made it fit on the front end of the 940. Well i wanted to do the turbobrick thing so i started with a MBC at 12psi. Then I moved to cutting the exhaust to side exit after the cat and a cone filter. It started to be pretty peppy.

I started reading and getting some more bolt on mods. I got a 24x12x3 ebay intercooler and 3" intercooler piping. I upgraded the 13c to a 15g and turned it up to 15psi.

I got it dynoed at the first Mangohick meet of the year and made 191rwhp / 247rwtq. I was pretty happy with the results. So i needed more...

I went to the 1/8 mile drag and ran a 9.3 at 77mph and let off the gas before the end of the track. I didnt realize it till it was too late and then it started to rain and i havent been able to go back.

I had an issue with the boost wanting to not go past 15psi no matter how much i turned the boost up with the MBC. So i got a T3 wastegate actuator and put it on and WOW did it make a difference.

I bought browntops and Mike's Chips Fuel and EZK 7000rpm. I turned the boost up to 20psi and started blowing IC couplers. I bought good silicone couplers and t-bolt clamps. I installed a 160 degree t-stat and it worked well. I need to change it to a 180 degree for the winter.

Bought a V cam and a Dales cam gear and advanced the timing 4 degrees but i think im gunna see how 2 degrees and 6 degrees does.

I decided to build my own custom 3" exhaust. All i can say about it is it works and cost me about 200 bucks. I turned the boost up to 24psi and i can run 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds.

I hopefully will be getting it dynoed at Mangohick next month and here is the car as it sits now. Of course i have plenty left to do before its finished but it suits me.

S7301163.jpg
[/IMG]
I gotta get the correct foglights for this airdam.
S7301162.jpg
[/IMG]
Big intercooler and no grille.
S7301166.jpg
[/IMG]
Blacked out tailights, sidemarkers and front turn signals. I gotta get the car tinted though.
S7301168.jpg
[/IMG]
1.25" spacers bring the Hydra's out almost perfectly flush and i lowered the car about 3".
S7301169.jpg
[/IMG]
Core support half gone due to the wreck and my laziness.
S7301170.jpg
[/IMG]
S7301171.jpg

S7301173.jpg

4" K&N to 3" intake to the turbo and BOV.
S7301172.jpg

3" AMM relocated due to BOV installation due to compressor surge.
S7301175.jpg

S7301176.jpg

3" homemade exhaust not pretty by any means due to no gas for the welder.
S7301174.jpg

T3 wastegate actuator will get detailed pics up tomorrow for tryingbe (terribly sorry).
S7301177.jpg

Dales gear advanced 4*.
S7301178.jpg

How my intercooler stays in its place.
S7301180.jpg

Driver and passenger matching elcheapo racing seats. At least they match.
S7301144.jpg

Grant GT wheel.
S7301184.jpg

Boost only gauge, vacuum gauge, and the other is for my wideband i dont have.
S7301150.jpg

More to come...

i thought deathwagon was one of those retired names, due to its previous glory

edit: i like it and i still think you owe me like $40 ;-)

Damn 20 psi on a 15g, what maxes out this turbo? I actually really like this wagon dude. Also how big are brown tops?

if you look at the efficiency chart 25psi is about max. Browntops are 36-38lbs i believe and thank you it needs alot of work but ive only been messin with it for a year now.

lord_athlon- seriously? 24psi and 5.5 seconds. Thats like 87 IROC territory. 305, not 350.

Am I the only one that sees a wagon worth of fail right thurr?

Im glad you like your wagon and all, but a little less 2f2f and a little moar awesome would be very appreciated and even encouraged.

Get to work son!:rofl:

ninja edit: I was looking at the core support (or lack thereof) and was lyke OMG THIS KIDS GOTTA SYSTEM.

Then i was looking at the FAILGT wheel, and then noticed the DUAL. So no system for you.

if you look at the efficiency chart 25psi is about max. Browntops are 36-38lbs i believe and thank you it needs alot of work but ive only been messin with it for a year now.

Actually if you look again and map out a b230ft with bolt ons it runs out around 18psi or so

With my old 15g/16t setup the difference in 18psi and 25psi 1/4 mile wise was just more wheel spin at the line, made a bit more torque but on the big end trap speed changed zero which means peak power was close to the same

deathwagon is definitely not available. There should be a sign-on feature to Tb that you are required to memorize 10 cars and their owners.

looks like something for an E30 but i really can't tell.

have you considered a bar and plate intercooler with the internal fins? that looks like it's sorta inefficient.

Back