• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

shift boot 240 w/ t5

I used a generic, flat rubber boot on the bottom because the volvo one was keeping my shifter from staying in 2 and 4th :???:. Though I have seen other ppl that are using it with no problems. On top of that I have a momo leather boot.:-D

I don't have a more current pic, but the shifter is now about 1.5" taller since I measured my angles and corrected things. :oops: It looks a lot better and is easier to reach.

shift2.JPG

If you want to use a 240 leather boot over a rubber one like on a Turbo, try to get one of the newer, thinner rubber boots. I can't put a year on the change, but at some point the rubber shift boots got thinner so they don't pull against the shifter so much. My '87 244 w/M47 had the thinner type.

If you get over wanting a leather boot, here's what I used... a standard (small size) Hurst shifter boot. About $15 I think. The Hurst shifter stick was extra though.
Dave B.
041204-004-lo-res-002.JPG

pengee said:
I don't have a more current pic, but the shifter is now about 1.5" taller since I measured my angles and corrected things. :oops: It looks a lot better and is easier to reach.

shift2.JPG
good job too thats a hobbit sized shifter

Back