• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Abs module repair.

mr.volvo

CraftsmanSnapinOnMacTools
Hi, all. I would like to do an article with step by step pics, on how to do an ABS module repair, as I have become quite good at it. Any interest out there in this? Give me a few yessess, and I will post it up step by step, clearly, and with plenty of supporting pictures, that the average TBricker mechanic will have no trouble at all taking apart, and repairing a faulty ABS control module.

That sounds very interesting. Please do!

OK, I will begin the article very soon, in the next day or so, as I have a very common module from a 99 S70, W/O TRACS, (the blue color solenoids) which is one that often fails, and fits a lot of cars. I only wish I would have learned how to do this earlier, as I now see that it is preposterous to buy a new module, considering the cost factor, as easy as it is to repair them to perfect working condition for practiclly zero monies. I will begin this project no later than Monday 12-28-09, and Should have it up by Tuesday at the latest. Then I will begin my next project.:)

Thanks! I have intermittent ABS light on my '96 850R. I understand it could be the module. or the crimped connector going into the fuse box. Any info on how to pull codes would help too.

this guy on eBay was doing it for $40 ($35 job with a return + $4.95 usps flat rate shipping box).
He has a lot of positive reviews.

Thanks for the positive input, guys. I will do a step by step, with lots of pics, beginning with the removal procedeure, all the way through reinstallation. I have a bad module to work with, and I should have time to do this on this sunday, and probably monday try and have it up. Right now, the holiday affairs are pulling rank over car stuff. Have a great weekend, be back soon.

I just successfully repaired mine - 99 XC70 with all the bells and whistles. I had to buy a new soldering iron, mine was too beefy :-) It's been 3 days, no problems, was failing every time I drove it.

I'd like the info on this as well. Is it something I can figure out if I just start doing it? I'm no stranger to soldering etc, built a megasquirt, and I re-solder Volvo fuel pump relays all the time. Just wondering if there's any special tricks or anything I should know.

isn't it great how solder will fix almost any broken electronic part on a volvo. i even was able to bring a dead CCM back on an s60 by re-flowing some solder.

Hello Tim
That would be great to see step step photos
I have a 99 xc70 and am trying to decide whether to send it away for exchange or having a go and repairing it myself

Adrian

Thanks mate apreciate the info
I was thinking of sending it to victor rocha for an exchange but armed with this info
i will have a go myself

Adrian

Back