• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Steel Rims & Their Fitment.

colgate41

I am thinking about picking up some snow tires for the winter and future winter months. Getting some good tires wont be a problem but i don't have any extra rims to mount them on, until i get some new sticky summer tires for the hydras. So im on the hunt for some steel wheels. 15-16" would be good. Now im not sure aside from Volvo wheels, what if any other makes will fit the bolt pattern. Would any saab steels fit? I really don't know so any insight would be great! Also the snows would be going on a 91' 744 or an 86' 744, depending on which is on the road at the time. Thanks!

Ferrari wheels, Ford Mondeo, Jag, Taurus, and Lincoln MkVIII are gonna be the only **** that fits without adapters.

You are pretty much stuck with Volvo rims. Just get some 15" 740/940 steelies. They actually look pretty good- I'd paint them silver and run them hubcapless myself.

You are pretty much stuck with Volvo rims. Just get some 15" 740/940 steelies. They actually look pretty good- I'd paint them silver and run them hubcapless myself.

Yes they do look good in silver.
4158494726_6ed6a970ef_b.jpg

Junkyard, $12/wheel for steel when I bought a set for snow tires a couple years ago. Two wheels even came with snow tires. Get hubcaps too...good for keeping the snow out of the wheel so that it doesn't stick/freeze and really throw off the balance.

That was the plan. I do like the gunmetal look. Ill check my local CL. Thanks for the help guys.

then all new leather for the seats
found uncracked black dashboard to install and some new inner plastic parts
have new leather shift boot and steering wheel to install also
also have all new turn lenses and rear lights and reflector for behind license plate.

Is this a spammer? Ill punch you in your pee hole.

My former Volvo tech, now retired, told me 7/9 temp spare rims can't be used as full time rims with real tires on them.. Anyone know, is that the case, they are decent looking rims too, just wondering.....:e-shrug:

Back