• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

E-bay boost guage YAY or NAY!!

I have one, it sucks. Payed 20$ for it new. Get an Autometer or you'll end up buying a better boost gauge in the future.

Pros:
Cheap
Looks Decent
Works Decent
2 1/16" is a drop in
Easy install

Cons:
Not that accurate
Needle jumps everywhere
Ugly light at night

You might as well keep your stock gauge and magic marker some numbers rather than buying that.

Get one of these:

AutoMeter Sport Comp

-Mike

You could also snag a VDO vision, with the green light cover, it almost completely matches the stock light. It has a VERY stable needle, is very accurate, and goes to 25 psi (and you KNOW you'll need that som day :) )

medium.jpg

That gauge looks pretty nice except its a little hard to read :\

someone needs to make some 5" boost gauges :twisted:

Gauge is kinda cluttered together

150-121.jpg

Hey...

the poi said:
You could also snag a VDO vision, with the green light cover, it almost completely matches the stock light. It has a VERY stable needle, is very accurate, and goes to 25 psi (and you KNOW you'll need that som day :) )

medium.jpg

That's exactly what I want to do on my stock panel. Do you happened to have a write up of the install and how hard was it to replace the clock with that boost guage...thanks!!!

Last edited:
xallenx said:
That's exactly what I want to do on my stock panel. Do you happened to have a write up of the install and how hard was it to replace the clock with that boost guage...thanks!!!
sure do, check out the link in my sig

I bought a Spearco boost gauge off e-bay a while back. It's inaccurate & the needle flutters at full boost. I'm pretty disappointed and wish I had saved the $20 & bought a quality VDO gauge.

autometer makes autogauge so it should be fine. abnd coem with little lite rubbers to change the light color from red green or white with otu teh rubbers on it

volvo944ti said:
autometer makes autogauge so it should be fine. abnd coem with little lite rubbers to change the light color from red green or white with otu teh rubbers on it

yes they do, but ive put up an autogauge vs autometer and the autogauge is crap. Needle everywhere.

i've got both a vdo vision and an autometer. i love the lighting on the vision personally. but just so you know, autogage and auto gauge are two different companies. note the name in the auction above, and then check out: this auction. I used to run autogages in my last car and they responded quite a bit quicker than my mechanical pro-comps. no flutter.

IIRC you can get that particular autogauge boost gauge for $17 from typhoon motorsports on ebay. I have a sligtly nicer version of that Autogauge boost gauge and I've had no problems with it no flutter or anything even sligtly abnormal in a year. Now the first Autogauge I bought wasn't zeroed but typhoon quickly replaced at their own shipping costs with the one that I have now.

volvo944ti said:
Someone on ebay even sells different color LED lights that fit most boost gauges.

ovlov760 said:
IIRC you can get that particular autogauge boost gauge for $17 from typhoon motorsports on ebay. I have a sligtly nicer version of that Autogauge boost gauge and I've had no problems with it no flutter or anything even sligtly abnormal in a year. Now the first Autogauge I bought wasn't zeroed but typhoon quickly replaced at their own shipping costs with the one that I have now.

Typhoon is no longer a company. I tried to find them to bitch about mine and they are no longer existant.

Back