• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

wheels and spacers

towerymt said:
Ford, Jaguar, Ferrari, FWD Volvo.

If offset doesn't matter, then why does bolt pattern?

I don't know. I read all the wheel discussions before but forgot a lot. I know the offset can be corrected with spacers but I wasn't sure how easy or if it was a good idea to change the bolt pattern. Although it doesn't seem to be a problem from what I've googled so far. Thanks for the replies.

Also, why does Gil Racing offer a 25 for the front and 32 for the rear? Aren't the front and rear offsets the same? Or is it just for appearance?

he did that because the inner wheel wells are sized different. plus iirc the fronts are actually wider then the rears. 7mm is like what... |__| <- that much?

thedocdm said:
Also, why does Gil Racing offer a 25 for the front and 32 for the rear? Aren't the front and rear offsets the same? Or is it just for appearance?

Because he thought that's what people wanted, I guess. The 17x7 ET43 wheels could take wider tires with less spacer on the rear, but the added thickness increases the track width by over 1/2". I just don't know. I suppose the variation is good that it allows 3 different combinations, and the 32mm ones would be good for P2 chassis wheels that are close to 50mm offset, but I think it's too much for most 240 applications.

If you're adding spacers and longer studs or adapters, you've already taken on the risk (which is low, IMO), and therefore changing the bolt pattern with adapters is not a problem.

Back