• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

stock brake pwnage ;)

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
Well... due to a **** up by Pats parts guy at his dealership I got one S60R brake caliper and 2 s80 discs, pads and hardware kits

ya bad day... I got owned... but hey atleast I can show you this

30861431.jpg

30861437.jpg

30861443.jpg

ahhh so went ricey
30861445.jpg

line loc controls ;-)

A picture from the other day
30861424.jpg

A: Mad props to the red brake pimpage. :-D
B: Is that a single Sparco harness strap in the top photo?
C: Bad-ass R brakes.
D: I have to ask: Why is your tach rotated 45-odd degrees? Do you have your shift point at the top of the dial for easier viewing, or what?

adrianpike said:
A: Mad props to the red brake pimpage. :-D
B: Is that a single Sparco harness strap in the top photo?
C: Bad-ass R brakes.
D: I have to ask: Why is your tach rotated 45-odd degrees? Do you have your shift point at the top of the dial for easier viewing, or what?

1. :D
2. Nope, its for the "lineloc button"
3. Thank you :D The rest should hopefully be here soon
4. Exactly. When the needle hits up I shift.. plus I built the dash then ordered the wheel BIG mistake ;)

Im going to be getting some 3" Simpson 5pt camlock harness' soon though :D

lookin sick! man they better stop good if there that huge! damn i had no idea they were going to be that big! are you going to put bigger rotors on? or am i 100 years behind?

vurbo said:
lookin sick! man they better stop good if there that huge! damn i had no idea they were going to be that big! are you going to put bigger rotors on or am i 100 years behind?

yep... I was supposed to have those today but the idiots ordered s80 discs instead of S60R ones

the S60R ones are 330X32mm (or 330 X 28 something there abouts). I pretty much wont have the other 99 percent of the parts I need to late next week

One thing I jsut thought of that might explain it... the brakes on my 240 have ABS, and have different amount of bleed screws and only have one brake line.

the way everyone was talking about easy of mounting it was like there were flat mount with bracket like porsche, but now i see there not. and will need a bracket kinda like my rear brake on my RM-7

medium.jpg

but it does from that pic look like the bleed screw is reversible to the other side, which is nice

ravennexus said:
so the R brakes don't have the same mount as the brembo/porsche brakes, i thought they didn't.

yep, normally I wouldnt choose this setup as the ideal swap, but since Travis (brickpilot) already makes the adapters the price is hard to beat.

I'll have pictures of hopefully EVERYTHING else and maybe on the car late next week and over the weekend :-D

Back