• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

*CANCELED* - DC Metro - MIR 1/4 track/fun time

boostdemon

creative mastermind
update: Checked with the track this morning, they have closed the track all weekend due to the weather. (as we assumed)

We will reschedule for later this month when the weather is better

Where: Maryland International Raceway (MIR) aka Budd's Creek
When: Saturday March 1st 2003
Price: (still checking)
Time: (still checking)

This is the first day of "Test & Tune" open runs. There are a few folks from another board meeting up at the Silver Diner at Springfield Mall - Springfield, VA for breakfast at around 7am (ask me if you need directions).

Track features:
We sell CAM2 (Purple, Blue and Red), Alky (Methanol), Sunoco GT Unleaded 111 octane, and 87 octane fuel at our on-site Sunoco Fuel Station. We also fill nitrous bottles, have waste oil dump locations, water, air and a weighing station for your vehicle!

We do have one permanent scale on the pit side of the facility that you are free to use at any event at no cost

Directions:
Maryland Int'l Raceway
27861 Budds Creek Road
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
301-884-9833 Office
301-449-RACE Dragline

I-95 to exit 7A (Branch Avenue). South 30 miles to the traffic light at Route 234, then left 7 miles to MIR in Budds Creek, MD
mir_map.gif

That sounds awesome!...It's about a 4 hour drive for me, but shouldn't be too bad with a couple dvd's on....my only worry is for my transmission, i don't know if it'll be up to much abuse. Maybe i'll take 8, 11, and 14 psi runs too see the differences on paper...i'd run more if i had the fuel and a stronger trans....so that's my plan. I'll be in touch about meeting up beforehand. cheers.

thats a heck of a drive pete, but if you wanna come down thats cool. I've got a spare bedroom if you need a place to crash.

eh, just found out i can't come down. i have to dj that night in pennsylvania. I'll be down for it next time. Take some pics and make some stories! ...dana, i have a freind in college in maryland, i'd probably stay with her if i came down. :boink: :boink: :boink: thanx anyhow tho. have fun!

Hello

This sounds like fun. I'm definitely in. Hey Michael, better get that compression tested.....

If it's an open test and tune day, I bet it will be pretty busy....

Chris

Dana,

Did you ever hear of the time or price details? I'm wondering if the weather might put a damper on this anyway..... I guess we should call the track on friday.

Chris

Chris: i havent called the track yet, but im pretty sure its $12 entry, and opens at 9am. I will call them tomorrow at work as its a ld number from here

I'm running the snow tires! I don't suppose I'll have results like John Lane, so I should probably save my money.

Back