• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

142 that got away

Turborg

http://www.pbase.com/turborg/requested_cars
I just about had this car then the girl who had it asked the original owner if he wanted it back. He now has it at an expensive repair shop, so even if he wanted to sell it, he'd want more than I would pay. The fuel tank was full of rust and the pump was locked up. Nice clean roller that I was going to make into a 142GT.

There is a nice 74 down near slo, comes with a 145 for 1600 bucks. Seems completely solid supposedly runs and was recently rebuilt. If you want, PM me and I'll go to paso and check it out more for you in a few days

Funnily enough, my parents' original 145E had'em on it, my old '72 142E had'em on it, and I think my '74 145E also had'em on it when I got it. The set with the '74 went to scrap along with the '73 that the '74 replaced. The ones on the '72 wound up in the trunk of a '73 164E that took up residence here for a couple years.

-J

^^^ That's probably a good option.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the 142 Harry. There will be more, just keep looking and you will find the right rust-free example.
My 144 was that yellow, good car but had to put it down with 345k on the clock. The B20 finally had enough and was knocking and the trans was just plain worn out along with everything else on the car.

http://www.pbase.com/turborg/requested_cars
I just about had this car then the girl who had it asked the original owner if he wanted it back. He now has it at an expensive repair shop, so even if he wanted to sell it, he'd want more than I would pay. The fuel tank was full of rust and the pump was locked up. Nice clean roller that I was going to make into a 142GT.

Too bad, that's a nice looking car with lots of rare parts. Nice to see that there are still good ones out there.

just read the thread a bit more and i think its probly the same one windowsbreaker was talking about. mustard yellow 142 off the 101 in paso.

If that car was a '73, I'd be all over it. I'm not a fan of the larger bumpers on the '74+ 140s. Still, for that price, it might be worth a drive to Paso...

Too bad, that's a nice looking car with lots of rare parts. Nice to see that there are still good ones out there.

If that car was a '73, I'd be all over it. I'm not a fan of the larger bumpers on the '74+ 140s. Still, for that price, it might be worth a drive to Paso...

IIRC it was a 73, also looked to have an 5 speed swaped

The one that got away came back

Saw this old thread and decided to put a good finishing end to the story-its mine now!
142531543.jpg

Back