• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

19's on a 740...offsets and width?

vlturbo86

Hi all,
I've been looking through the threads and can see many 700/900 series cars with big wheels but no exact size info or offset info or the like with tyres. I would like to know what size wheel/offset and tyre would fit on a 740 sedan? I have been able to source 19 inch x 8.5 inch wheels with +20 offset that will be drilled to suit volvo, would these fit? Next option is a 18x8.

Go with the 18's mate, you will need an offset closer to 15 on it though, where in melbourne are you? What Car have you got?

Nevar been done
3318720166_large.jpg

Go with the 18's mate, you will need an offset closer to 15 on it though, where in melbourne are you? What Car have you got?

I don't think a +15 offset will help as i have 90mm from the hub to the wheel guard and require 100mm with a +20 offset (8.5 inch wheel width) If anyone has fit wheels as wide as a 8.5 on the front of a 740 that will confirm if it can be done. Diameter is not a problem as the strut tower leans towards the car as it gets higher adn away from the wheel. Its more the width and offset. And i can't test fit the wheels as they are from interstate.

8"ET20 will fit. 8.5"ET20 will probably be OK, but ET15 would be my preference. If you need a 5mm spacer, you can add one.

225/35/19 is probably the best size for fitting the wheel and the car. However, I would try for a 235 if I were doing it. You're going to have a tire around 25"+ diameter. I would try to stay under 26" diameter. At some point the tire will hit the under side of the front spring seat, so that's what you have to consider. The rear of a 740 has a fair bit of room from what I've seen, but you'll probably be rolling/trimming the top of the fender lip (12o'clock position).

18x8 ET20 w/225/40/18 will fit easily and will give you more sidewall and a little less weight and they'll still look big.

The biggest question is, is the car lowered?

my car is lowered around 3" front, 2" rear, the wheels are 19x8.5 front, 19x9.5 rear, front offset is around 9-10mm, the rear is around 13, tires are 215/35/19 front, 235/35/19 rear.

I can't go any smaller adapters or the wheel will touch the springs, and that's with fair amount of camber up front, the same for the tires, I could've run bigger tires up front but I'd definitely would have to trim the fenders and run even bigger adapters, keep in mind that the liner is already removed.

The rear is easy, you can probably go as big as 255/35/19, but you would have to roll the fenders to the max.

8e7875fd.jpg

b49a0e21.jpg

The car will be lowered but not by much. And i want 19's as they are a fraction more and i believe will look better in the style of wheel im after. Those offset figures are quite small i didn't think i would need to bring the wheels that far out. Anyway this is becoming frustrating i might have to find a way of test fitting, I would like to avoid using spacers.... Thanks for your help guys

Chigga would you be able to take a pic of the wheel next to the strut tower so i can get an idea of clearance at the offset your running? That would be just great!

Back